STEAM Summer Sale 2018

I think the same thing when I see @BrianRubin’s wishlist numbers. I couldn’t find that many games I wanted if I really tried.

If you have any interest in Cold War subs and liked Red Storm Rising buy it immediately. It’s a game I keep coming back to. They also recently added the South China Seas - free.

Very mild damage here, because of an unfortunate happening: I bought Battle Brothers as I was planning to, but I did not get it to work under Wine (actually, since the latest Steam update, the Valve client itself has been quite troublesome to get to run).
Heartbroken, I asked for a refund.
I grabbed The Cat Machine, Thaumistry and RPGolf — that last one is really, really junky, quite the amateurish effort. And I also bought the newly released Fanatic character for One Deck Dungeon.
Total amount: 7.52€

I’ve bought two games and I’m done, they are the best games on steam though, @Left_Empty will realize this soon:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/686450/The_Little_Ball_That_Could/

I’ve been hesitant to buy anything on my backlog now that I’m on the Humble Monthly Bundle plan.

So far all I’ve picked up is Slay the Spire. Hmm…

Yikes, this could be a painful sale for my wallet. 13 wishlist items on sale, and most of them are ones I really want, and/or are unlikely to be discounted much more.

Likely purchases:
Getting Over It
Tooth and Tail
Gold Rush
Space Tyrant
Deep Sixed
Battletech
TW: Warhammer 2
Chuchel

Possible guilty purchase:
Aerofly FS2 Orbx Innsbruck Airport

Depends what you’re looking for. If you want a content creation tool to make really nice looking rides and parks (or just download them from modders), it’s fantastic. The game part is merely OK, though.

Steam games are the beanie babies of the 2010s.

Ew. No. You can’t resell Steam games to idiots like you could with Beanie Babies.

When steam had me look at the games I bought on Steam last month, it was a pretty stark reminder that I’ve played almost none of the games I’ve bought directly from Steam. So it is a little bit like Beanie Babies. No one played with them, right? Only collected them.

But you’re right Brian, you could resell them, whereas you can’t resell your steam games. You just have to lament the fact that you bought them and never played them.

I can’t recall where exactly I read it, but there was an article about book collectors and how building a collection even if you couldn’t read it all still had meaning. What does your Steam collection say about you?

Also, can you pass on your steam collection to your kids upon death? Or does it die with you?

What about that trading card madness? Apparently there are cards, and you can sell them? I still don’t understand that.

People put value into things. I put value into trying as many games as I can as cheaply as I can until I find one that sticks to the wall, like Inquisitor Martyr.

I’m just teasing. I have 300+ steam games. I have a wall of unplayed PS4 games. I have unopened board games. Too many games!

Still, trading cards though… virtual trading cards. Seems like a way to launder money more than anything.

People will collect practically anything that they can easily say they have “more” of than someone else. Back when achievements were new, I knew a couple people who would buy crappy Xbox 360 games solely because they were an easy 1000 achievement points to raise a meaningless high score.

Witcher 3 for sure, also Everspace is a good 15 min game I find.

I stumbled into this bundle on the ResetEra thread. These look like really cool arcade-style games! <$3!

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/6028/DYA_Games_Collection/

You can if you document your Steam login information with instructions on how to obtain such information, and store it in the family fire safe, like I did. I can’t imagine anyone will want to log into their deceased father’s Steam account to play some Slay the Spire or whatever though.

I grabbed a few titles so far, but the two I played I am pleased to have grabbed them.

Monster Slayers was a no-brainer, for $2. I’ve been wanting it for a long time and while I’ve heard Slay the Spire is a better version of it (probably true, Slay the Spire is awesome) I’m really digging it. You can’t beat the price.

I also re-picked up Hand of Fate 2. I initially returned it because I hated the combat and couldn’t even beat the tutorial boss. I tried again and blew through the first two missions without any issue. Did they tune the combat a little? Am I just more in a place mentally to dig into it and try a little more? Was I just having an off-day? No idea. But I’m very glad to be able to get into this one.

I grabbed Drox Operative after loving the demo years ago, but with the above two, Darkest Dungeon, and having just unlocked Endless mode in Slay the Spire, I’m probably going to keep it in the backlog category for a bit.