STEAM Summer Sale 2018

Seems like gifting it to a lucky Qt3er might also be an option. You guys start being nicer to me and I’ll think of putting your names in the hat.

I’ve never played a Final Fantasy game but have been wanting to try one. Is there one you’d recommend to start with (preferebly cheap in case I hate it).

What are talking about? I have 25 games on my wishlist at 75-80% off right now.

Cheers! yeah I think jpinard gave me the same advice. Seems like two games for the two sides of the genre. Parkitect has one covered, which I love, I will give RollerCoaster a shot for the other!

Eador games are always deeply discounted these days:

FFXII is my favorite, but it plays different than the older classics. For instance, it’s real time with pause.

I loved the steam (updated) versions of Final Fantasy VI - very old school but the update looks great and I had a damned blast playing it again, just a year or so ago. Also, in the same vein, Final Fantasy IV would be another great pick. Those were originally FF III and II respectively here in the US back in the day.

EDIT - Oh, and Final Fantasy V (which is where the concept of “Job’s” were introduced and I only played it a little in emulation a long while back) is also available. I may have to grab that one, I heard it’s good and I never really played it.

All four (ha ha ha) of the games on my wishlist are on sale. I think that I will buy:

Banner Saga for $9.79
Victoria II for $4.99
Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy for $4.99

I’m considering Slay the Spire but it is still in early access. Should I buy it now or wait till it’s fully baked? 12,356 people can’t all be wrong, right?!

RECENT REVIEWS:
Very Positive (1,007)
ALL REVIEWS:
Overwhelmingly Positive (12,356)

Slay the Spire is already great, you can buy it now.

Don’t forget Banner Saga (and Banner Saga 2) are free on Twich Prime in June, if you have that.

Exceptional choice, sir.

Good for you, this steam sale is for you! I don’t. And haven’t for going on a couple years more or less. I do however have some at 66% off that is close enough that I’ll likely pick up.

I do not but good to know.

I don’t understand Slay the Spire. I’ve seen several clusters of recommendations for it across different sites, but every time i look at the videos i don’t see anything particularly interesting about it.

I gather that the idea is similar to Hand of Fate or something? But with Darkest Dungeon style combat?

Instead of getting Dark Souls 3 buy the version that has the DLC. I think I saw it last night for under $25. The DLC themselves never sell for under that by themselves, so best to get them with the game on a sale if you can.

I don’t know how good the DLC is, although apparently there are some bad ass bosses. But I thought the DLC for DS1 and DS2 were very good.

I know what you mean. I got it recently and am liking it, but it just doesn’t look like a fun game on streams. It’s kind of hard to explain the appeal other than it plays very fast.

I’ll say it is a lot more interesting than it looks, for sure.

Yeah, this.

I’ve been in the same boat. But the latest Three Moves Ahead episode really sold me on the game.

It’ll probably be one of 2-3 games I buy in this sale.

Me neither. But I’m in a game collecting rut, so I thought I’d collect a game or two in a genre I’m less familiar with.

And, I may even play one or two…

Holy, shit, Gold Rush is a 14 gig download. I guess they didn’t compress anything.