STEAM Summer Sale 2018

Exactly $30…

I’m pretty sure this is what I’ll be getting, just gonna sleep on it a bit first.

Dammit @BrianRubin I had completely forgotten about Particle Fleet Emergence.

TEMPTING ME NOW.

Is so good, you buy, yes?

So far:
Spintires Mudrunner (appreciate the head’s up on this deal!)
ATS: New Mexico DLC
TWS: Great Western Express DLC

Debating on getting a survival game like ARK or Conan Exiles. If I’m mostly playing solo, Conan is the better choice, right?

Conan was getting a lot of negative recent steam reviews, not sure why, someone who plays might want to chime in.

Can someone talk to me about Shadowhand?

I was tempted until I saw this portion of a review. Is this accurate? Sounds lame:

The only problem with all this is that the game PUNISHES you for using your own ships. Yes, that’s right, the game treats you trying to use your own fleet as other games treat ‘cheat mode’. If you beat a level with your own fleet the game will not put a time nor a checkmark next to the level, i.e. it pretends like you didn’t beat it. It is even worse in the campaign where if you use your ships you can’t move on to the next mission until you beat it with the default ships. It is utterly incomprehensible why the game would go to so much effort to make you able to build your own ships only to make it such that not only are never rewarded for doing so but punished for it.

Agents of Mayhem seemed worth a try for $8, or whatever it was. I had to get the deluxe version, of course, to get the Safeword Agent pack, so more like $12. Still.

$12 is pushing it for Agents of Mayhem.

I still think Tom got a secret bribe gift delivery of his favorite snacks from the offices of Volition, before writing his review / making it his personal game of the year for 2017.

I wouldn’t want to talk you out of Shadowhand (if you like these type of card games).

I’m getting Shadowhand mostly to support Cliffski, who I adore.

Ugh I forgot about Shadowhand, hmmm, dare I get it and Slay the Spire? Can I handle 2 card games at the same time? D:

Shadowhand is great, if you like solitaire games. I was also a fan of Regency Solitaire though.

Shadowhand is on my list to possibly pick-up, too. I enjoy the solitaire-style games.

Just bought Glass Masquerade (and finished it, about 4 hours of play) for $1.92 CDN. Beautiful artwork and relaxing gameplay. Thanks for the recommend, @lordkosc.

Haven’t bought anything so far (Alumni Weekend at Lewis and Clark College has occupied my time), but I did take advantage of the 30 for 25 PayPal deal and am sorely tempted to buy Overload for full price. I almost never do that, but the jonesing, it is strong.
Does anyone know if it supports FF on the old MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2? Pretty please?

EDF 4.1 is my only pickup so far. Only played about an hour but I’m really enjoying it. Now I see why people love the old XBox versions so much.

Yay!!

If you’ve played Fairway Solitaire or Regency Solitaire, you know what the gameplay is like. Shadowhand adds more RPG elements, like equipable items, and a competitive mode. The story was a little disappointing to me, because it seems like it could have been great in that romance novel way, and I basically liked the Jane Austen-style story in Regency Solitaire. It was a little ramshackle. Totally serviceable, though, as a scaffold for the gameplay.

I’d recommend it at the sale price, for sure.

Glad you liked it, very relaxing and well worth the price imho.