STEAM Summer Sale 2018

I’ve bought like $25 in FSX add-ons, and $15 on the Beamdog version of NWN. $5 on American Truck Sim.

And some amount on Objects in Space on GoG when I saw I could get it at the same price as on Steam.

Is Elex worth it for like, what is it, $25? The opinions on it are extremely, um, polarized, shall we say. And Xcom 2? Is it worth it without the War of the Chosen add-on, which is nearly the price of the main game, if not more?

Buy the add-on. Srsly.

I started playing GTA V earlier in the year and it’s blown me away. Unless it’s a repeat purchase for the PC, you have to play this first.

Also - Red Solstice looks great. is it worth the $2.50?

WotC is great, but it is almost like a fire hose of content. It may overwhelm a player new to XCOM 2 is all I’m saying. Also it’s absolutely imperative in my view to get your base upgraded in the right order, or you’re boned. The Guerilla Tactics school should be one of the first things built, particularly with WotC installed. I’ve had to abandon a campaign because I didn’t do that early.
@Belisarius118 I’m tempted by GTA V but I don’t care about online play, and would really only want it to mod it and fool around. Is that possible with V, and can one download a completed save game somewhere? I played the campaign through on the 360 and don’t really want to again.

It’s a repeat as I have it for the 360 and Xbox One as well. And it’s the only GTA I’ve actually completed. But this is for playing Online with a friend.

Go to GreenManGaming.
Add XCOM 2 : Standard Edition to your cart @ $19.80 (67% off).
Add XCOM 2 : War of the Chosen to your cart @ 26.79 (33% off).
Apply code JUNE20 in your cart for an additional 20% off.
Purchase both games for only $37.27.

Who needs the Steam Sale?

As an aside, God how I wish that Steam would get it through its thick head that I’m NEVER going to buy all this anime-looking crap it keeps showing me. This despite the fact that I have anime and visual novels on my do not display list.

Same. I’ve never bought, wishlisted or followed anything vaguely related to anime or manga… but it’s a huge part of my discovery queue.

Yeah the do not display stuff is not working at all. I almost wishlisted a visual novel because of this error!

:(

Clearly, Steam knows what you need. It has nothing to do with what you want.

The gall of saying that the featured items are “based on my preferences” and then showing me something called Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash, which is basically anime girls in skimpy bikinis…

The discovery queue is where I find out in amazement how many early access survival MMORPGs are out there.

Do you have the sexual content thing unchecked? I get much less of that stuff shown than I did. I do also have the anime tag as unwanted.

Pfft, so much denial in here. Give in. Steam knows best.

Seriously. Time to look in the mirror and accept what you see, gents!

For what it’s worth, I do like anime games and visual novels, but I don’t want to see the likes of Senran Kagura or the endless stream of Sakura Whatever games either.

Right there with you guys on survival crafting MMOs and the like, too. I have enough games on Steam with enough recorded playtime that it should be trivial to at least recommend titles that share tags with those games, instead of recommending anything “because it’s popular.”

Maybe I’ll do that. If I actually want to look at pr0n, I can go elsewhere after all.

My queues on Steam usually end up being three quarters Japanese anime stuff that I am never going to buy. I am not sure if it is the RPG label or the fact that I own everything Dark Souls which is somehow linked to that stuff.

I must say that @Alistair’s tip seems to work. I just went through a discovery queue completely free of that crap. Amazing.