• Survival
  • MMORPG
  • Clicker
  • VR
  • Sports
  • Memes
  • Psychological Horror
  • Visual Novel

And my discovery queue is a lot more relevant these days. It means I can forgot exactly how much dross is released onto Steam each year.

That’s an awesome list. Implementing it now myself.

Every day I check the featured games and go through them

• already own, not interested, already own, already own, not interested, not interested, already own…

as a result I have yet to buy a single game.

End of an era!

How do I exclude more than 3 things? I see no way to do it, also who thought 3 was good enough? :|

Apart from the Vive la France DLC I’m thinking of getting for ETS 2, what are other games whose DLCs really improve or make the game?

Current ones I’m considering:

Age of Wonders III?
Starpoint Gemini Warlords?
Hacknet?

Your queue and new content have their own filters where you can set more than 3 I think. VR also has a top level option - you shouldn’t have to exclude the tag.

Scroll down a bit further until you see ‘Discovery Queue Preferences’. Click on Discovery Queue and then you can set options for that specific section.

Jeez, look at that image. Steam KNOWS you’re “not interested” in Anime Visual Novels yet it still wants to recommend them to you?!

Welp, I pondered and ended up getting the games I was really excited about:

I like to think that I’ll find out about the exceptional good stuff from qt3, whilst in the mean time ignoring all of the horrible games I never want to play. E.g. I bought (or was going to buy?) some puzzle game that had the anime tag, because it was recommended here on qt3.

Plus, there’s more games than I can ever play, so if I’m ignoring some gem that tangentially has one of those tags then it’s not really much of a loss, the massive backlog I have and the piles of other, high quality games I could buy more than swing the scales. It’s basically FOMO, and I’m not afraid of missing out on those few good games tagged as Anime.

Ps: how does tagging actually work. Is it all a community effort? If enough jokers on 4chan choose to target FIFA as an anime psychological survival horror… Would those tags stick? Or are the developers and steam somehow involved?

Slightly off topic, but I have about 150 steam cards in my inventory and don’t give two shits about them. Is there a way to quickly sell them all? The only way I see to sell them is to set a price for each one, one by one, and it is tedious.

Go to ‘Badges’ and choose one; you can sell all the cards in that set in one go (“sell these cards on the market”). That’s about as quick as it gets I think.

I’ve not tried to mass sell before, but just during this current summer sale I was trying to sell extras from the sale themed cards and I think I tried once a button from the “check my badge progress” page that automatically displayed all the cards for that badge in a list format with the current market value already entered as the sale price.

That doesn’t sell all your cards at once but puts it in batches, so it’s some help at least. That batch sell page also lets you click on spinner controls to change the quantity of the cards you want to sell, and you can also change the prices there too.

Thanks, that works. Faster indeed. I might earn $5!

This ended up on my wishlist somehow. Any good?

Get the chrome extension “Steam Inventory Helper.” You can easily select your entire library and click “quick sell” and it’ll sell every item for one cent cheaper than average price.

Awesome. Thank you!

Holy crap - all these years I never knew what these cards were supposed to be used for until you mentioned this

Most of the cards I’ve seen are already selling at the minimum they can without giving valve all of the money! One cent cheaper than that seems useless :p

I always have to individually confirm listings on my phone, which seems like more trouble than I need.