STEAM Summer Sale 2018

BTW - if anyone is interested in visual novels at all I’d reccomend Steins;Gate

The anime covers the main storyline but there’s a lot of content that’s only in the game

I’ve heard this before in other threads. I thought Visual Novels were linear stories? So how come there’s more possibilities/stories than just the main story in this one? Do you actually make choices within the game that forks the story?

There’s basically branching paths that take you to a side story. Visual Novels that turn into Anime usually take the main one and ignore the rest.

Fate is one example where they created entire different series for each of the main paths.

Get both DLC. They adds new races, new victory conditions and more. See Tom’s review on the first one, Golden Realms.

So, West of Loathing is pretty significantly different from Kingdom of Loathing. The art direction is similar, as is the sense of humor, but there’s no grind at all that I’ve seen. It’s a single player RPG with a lot of locations and dialogue and stuff.

It’s the second set of games I bought. Nothing special

Managed to talk myself out of most games I looked at. Talk me out of these…

• Everspace - Never played a roguelike. Will play with controller. Also if I get it, is the expansion worth it?
  • Slay the Spire - Wasn’t on my radar at all, but interest is slightly peaked by all the good word of mouth

Why would you want to be talked out of a 2018 GOTY contender? :)

Or slay the spire

Yeah I dunno what happened last night after Tom’s stream, but I clocked in 2 hours of Slay the Spire, damn the game is F-U-N.

For the sake of completeness, though, there are VNs that do not have branching stories. Those are known as “kinetic novels” and are a subset of the entire group. The others generally allow for at least some measure of player choice as indicated.

It’s peer pressure time.

I am trying to get various members of my gaming group to buy For the King, Vermintide II and Total Warhammer II. I’ll probably back of Warhammer because we barely touched 1, battles can be long but fun and their toddlers just keep waking up at night, and push the other two. I doubt I would enjoy any of these solo, except, maybe For the King.

It will, but it’s designed for mouse and keyboard. And yes, the expansion is worth it if you like the game.

I played it with a gamepad and I needed to rebind a couple things to my taste but it was great.

The expansion is definitely worth it. Adds some more interesting goals to runs along with the usual little more of everything.

I am so fucking pissed right now. I’ve been putting things into my cart since the sale began and this morning my cart is empty.

WTF. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Thanks for the reply, and for the link to Tom’s review. Looks like the expansions fix some stuff.

No, can’t say it has. I only put things in my cart when I’m this close to buying them, though. I think the wishlist might be a better option (assuming it’s a reasonable size of course)?

I thought I was missing some new event.

Yup, many times, this is why I’ve learned to keep a separate list, like on Google Keep. The fact that the cart isn’t persistent across platforms like, for example, Amazon’s, is also maddening.

I think the problem is b/c someone sent me a gift. I’m guessing that is what killed it.

Fuck. I had like 8 games on there from reading this thread - a lot of lower priced games.