STEAM Summer Sale 2018

I just picked it up and played for an hour. I already like it quite a bit. Unlike Faerie Solitaire, where the stuff you collect doesn’t do anything for gameplay, this game seems to have tons of items and skills. So far pretty easy, but I have had to redo a duel or two because the AI got some lucky runs. The game is fun, if you like this kind of thing, and there is interesting RPG element to it. Story is light, and silly, but you can ignore it easily enough.

Yeah, that game is about as subtle as an an atom bomb.

Endless Space 2 and I’m out. Thanks Steam Summer Sale.

This game looks and sounds lovely. Really enjoying my little time with it so far.

Dungeonmans (LOVING)
The Last Federation
Atlantic Fleet
Tales from Candlekeep

And I think I’m done. Not bad.

Yikes, I was watching an LP of that ECHO 3rd person sci-fi thing with adaptive AI and it’s seriously freaky. Some body horror stuff in there.

• Seasons six and seven of Pinball Arcade (which weren’t on sale; goodbye, Williams/Bally)
  • Slay the Spire

That’s it, though I have a couple more days to decide on Space Tyrant.

Picked up Project Cars 2 and some DLC for Euro Truck Sim 2 over the weekend.

That’ll probably be it. Anything else can wait until the winter sale (or beyond) while I whittle down my backlog.

I’m interested in how For the King works multiplayer – do you have to wait for everyone else to take their complete turn, or can you take your turns simultaneously if you off on different areas of the map?

I haven’t purchased it yet. I probably will later this week. Sadly I haven’t successfully suckered, I mean convinced my game group into it… yet.

Rounding out the sale for me:

• Pit People
  • The Red Solstice (my only impulse buy)

Pit People was an @tomchick counter-recommendation to Mario vs. Rabbids, so let’s see how it goes. I really enjoyed Castle Crashers.

Excellent choice, so fun.

I somehow own Pit People, I need to give it a try.

TRIPLE KILL, YES!!!

Was Red Solstice a giveaway on GOG or something a while back? Or on Humble maybe? I could have sworn it had been. I thought I’d gotten it, too, but I’m not seeing it anywhere. Maybe I didn’t redeem it in time (that’s a condition of some of those giveaways IIRC).

BTW, @BrianRubin, what are your thoughts on SPAZ 2?

I believe it was, yes.

I liked it, but a lot of folks didn’t. It did get repetitive after a while though. If you’re looking for an open-worldy spacey game with meta map play, Starpoint Gemini Warlords is a better choice, I hate to say.

Whenever I see the game “Pit People” mentioned, my brain edits it to say “24 Hour Pit People” and yeah I know that doesn’t make sense. Although 24 Hour Party People is a good movie and you should watch it. That’s a general you, not any one person. In case you were wondering.

Thanks, I’ll save the money on SPAZ 2. Glad I wasn’t going crazy on R.S. Don’t know how I failed to redeem in time. I looked among my Humble keys, and my GOG library too. Not in my Steam games library either.

Yeah, I really hate to speak negatively on any game, especially this one, but there are just better options.

I finished up the campaign of SPAZ 2, was not worth it.

I already have SG Warlords, so it’s all good. One can’t play everything, alas.

But one can try.