STEAM Summer Sale 2018

I don’t know how you do it. When do you sleep, man? :-) You must watch very little TV.

A very understanding wife and no children. #dinklifestyle

Any opinions on void destroyer 2? I’m finalizing what I’m going to buy, and right now it’s looking like Battle Chasers and maybe BSG Deadlock.

Here’s what I went with!

Darkwood
Into the Breach
Tooth and Tail
SYNTHETIK
Rusty Lake: Roots
Slay the Spire
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Spintires: MudRunner
Bastion

About $75 total.

I’m proud of myself for resisting Battletech, Frostpunk, and Wreckfest. Someday!

It’s gonna be amazing when it’s done. It’s pretty damned great now. Complex, deep, lots to do, it’s gonna be one to beat. I can’t recommend it enough if you’re not EA-averse.

Meanwhile, I’ve been playing Resident Evil 7 which I got on the winter Steam Sale. SUPER FUN!

I got:
Slay the Spire
Witcher: wild hunt - GOTY edition
Final Fantasy 12

I’ll be busy until the winter sale!

Surviving Mars worth it at the sales price? Reviews seem meh but I’ve been following it since before early access. ok

I enjoyed it enough at release, they apparently did fix the people and jobs issues, but I havent tried to confirm that.

Thanks. It’s calling to me

They also added connectable tunnels for domes. Which was really needed at launch. :)

Looking for folks to push me in or out of these temptations:

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock with DLC (I really enjoy space naval fiction and movies, but things like Homeworld or Sins of a Solar Empire sort of leave me cold-- they just seem like RTSs without trees, mountains, and with generic polygon units. I did get more of a kick out of Gothic Armada)

Slay the Spire (graphics look meh, but I go enjoy card based rogue likes; monster slayers was fun)

Halycon 6: Starbase Commander (the turn based sci-fi combat with ships looks cool, I don’t really care for Star Trek though)

Helldivers: Deluxe edition (I have the base game on PS4 and enjoyed the twin stick alien butt kicking quite a bit, so swooping up all the DLC seems tempting. My main worry is not being able to have two character saves for local coop character progression-- has anyone tried this? Also see Steam Link below)

Steam Link (this is my biggest wild card. I have a PC upstairs and like the idea of playing my Steam library downstairs at the TV especially for something local coop such as Helldivers. How good is the Steam link?)

Steam link is great over a wired connection.

BSG is great if you like grindy, tactical starship combat.

Helldivers is fun only if you have people to play with.

Halcyon 6 is a great DS9 simulator. ;)

Mostly just padded out DLC for a few games (Crypt of the Necrodancer, Hegemony III) but also snagged Syrian Warfare and that delicious $3 copy of Spintires: Mudrunner. Nothing really to say about any of that since it’s one of my most anemic Steam sale purchases ever.

There is some twisted version of fun to be had in solo diving on high difficulties, but beyond that it is infinitely better in a group.

Slay the Spire - get it
helldivers - get it
Halycon 6 : Meh. Pass.
Steam Link - I found it useless across wifi. Others have reported success with wired if you have a cable near your TV.

Steam link works great for me over wifi. Never had an issue and the input lag is almost imperceptible. Good enough for single player FPS at least (for me), and I don’t do multiplayer. It and the Steam controller have made consoles redundant in my house.

Think I am done. I picked up some DLC stuff along with the games. Although reading above is making me think of the steam link.

Darkest Dungeon
Endless Space 2 DLC - Vaulters and Untold Tales
Pathfinder Adventures - Base Only
Tyranny
Seven: Long Days
XCOM2 - WotC
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
Slay the Spire

I bought il2 battle of stalingrad and am really enjoying it. Tossing up whether to grab the battle of Moscow expansion before the sale ends.

Agreed. I bought this (the lightspeed edition) and played it for a day or so. The combat is repetitive and it takes forever to level up your guys. It takes forever to get a 2nd set of guys and by the time you do, the enemies are so tough, they can’t handle them mostly and thus you can’t level them up very well.

I am at the point were my station is under siege by some unkillable tier 6 guy. I need to kill a bunch of tier 3 feelts first. I am in no position to take those other fleets down. I have not played it since. I am not sure Ill go back to it ever again. In short, the game is just too repetitive and grindy.

Did you play the Lightspeed Edition or the originally released game, BTW?