STEAM Summer Sale 2018

Yes, it was the light-speed edition.

Great game, the Moscow map is well worth it.

I bought Halcyon 6 for my iPhone and holy crap was that a bad idea!

The sale ends tomorrow, I feel I have bought too many games, yet not enough games.

D:

Amazing to see GTA 5, still near the top of the global top sellers list. Who is still buying this game?

People who get banned after cheating, usually. Counter Strike shoots up the charts during sales for the same reason.

I’m tempted to buy it for PC. I have it for PS3 and PS4 but never got past the early mission where they destroy the tennis pro’s porch. Which is amazing. I should probably buy it on PC, right? I mean, the sale ends tomorrow and I never even got to Trevor.

Pretty weak sale. Didn’t buy much this year:

Slay the Spire
Mages of Mystralia
Vaporum
The Division

$43.00

Is Steam running really slowly for anyone else today? Taking a minute to change screens at time.

Yep. It’s getting hammered.

Already bought

Slay the Spire (which I agree is great!)

Thinking about

Book of Demons
For The King

Someone talk me into/out of those last two, stat!

Battle Brothers
Xcom2 Collection
Galactic Civilizations 3 Gold and Intrigue Expansion

Thank God I’m done till Christmas sale

Just finished out the sale with:

• Dying Light (which is a rebuy, hoping to fix whatever gave me motion sickness last time)
  • Diluvion
  • Zombie Estate 2
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Vanquish

Overall, a very great sale for me.

Dying Light is so good, I hope you are able to stick with it.

Me too. I should be able to. I tried Mirror’s Edge afterwards to see if I’d still get motion sickness and I didn’t, thankfully, so hopefully I can tweak Dying Light to not cause any issues as well.

Well, I started Metro2033 redux and for the first time ever I also felt rather nauseous from the movement. Editing the FOV in the .ini helped me out. Since Dying light is done with the same engine and if you haven’t already done so, adjust the FOV?

I bought more games and spent more money this sale than I have in years, with a grand total of three games.

Glass Masquerade
Shadowhand
Fallout 4 GOTY

The latter two were wishlist items, and Glass Masquerade was a unique and inexpensive recommendation here. Most of that money went towards FO4, of course, so despite perhaps inching towards buying a few other games, I called it an end after that. All in all, guess that was a pretty decent sale for me.

I see a bunch of short lists from other purchasers. Remember the good ole days of buying up dozens of games?

Looking around, there are lots of vendors having sales concurrently and I find that the steam prices are being met or beat frequently. That’d probably explain shorter steam sale purchase lists these days.

Dying Light and Metro? Surely not. They’re nothing like each other.

Yes sir! I’ve almost played all the games I bought from the first summer sale!

Ooops, looks like I confused Dying Light with Last Light!
Sorry… Don’t mind me.