STEAM Summer Sale 2018

Any last minute recommendations for a more ‘classic’ Metroidvania? Enjoying Dead Cells but I’m after a more crafted experience with gear and upgrades along the lines of Symphony of the Night.

I saw today that the Tempest expansion for Endless Legend was 75% off so I grabbed it to go with the Endless Space 2 and Darkest Dungeon DLCs I’d bought earlier. Most of this sale for me was DLC buying.

I have a spare key for Shadow Complex if you want. It’s for the EPIC launcher, not steam tho.

Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I’ve 100% Shadow Complex but that’s exactly the type of thing I’m looking for. Currently zeroing in on Axiom Verge and Ghost 1.0.

Good sale for me too. I just got an Oculus Rift so my purchases tended to revolve around it, but a few others.

Subnautica
American Truck Simulator
The Signal from Tolva
The Solus Project
Eagle Flight
House of the Dying Sun
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

Hollow Knight, again… Although it is slow paced, and the upgrades aren’t very numerous, and there is not really “gear”… Oh, nevermind…

It also has an awesome soundtrack!

Played the demo of Book of Demons for about 30 minutes before I uninstalled to buy the real game. I love it! And decided to get For the King too since nobody tried to talk me out of it.

Thanks to you (& @lordkosc for bumping the Book of Demons thread) I find myself in the same position…

@Charlatan @UtilityDogAK , yeah Book of Demons fell off my radar only to pop back on yesterday, then the fantastic demo, and yep I was sold.

Damn last minute temptations…

ROUND 3:

Book of Demons
Geostorm
Lethis - Path of Progress
Diluvion - Captain’s Journal
Diluvion - Pre-Order Sub

Also grabbed the remainder of the Diluvion content that wasn’t in the complete edition. <.<

Another $21 spent. Overall the sale cost me around $125. Lots of great games picked up. Good sale was good.

I recommend Rampage Knights to everyone, it is only $2.99 right now. The effervescent @Left_Empty recommended it to me and I played it online with @Otagan last night, it was a lot of fun. If we get a few QT3ers owning it then we can arrange some good co-op sessions, looking at you @legowarrior.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/314410/Rampage_Knights/

That usually isn’t my genre of choice. I will think about it.

Is it really only limited to 2 players?

It’s only two but a lot of fun.

You have three and a half hours to correct the folly of your rash decision.

Thanks for the suggestions on Headlander – turns out I owned it from a past bundle, so that’ll go to the top of my backlog.

Round 2 damage:

Ghost 1.0
Mini Ghost
Teslagrad
Dig Dog
Castle of No Escape 2
My Time at Portia – last second addition thanks to a flash sale at Fanatical

Overall right around $50 for this sale, and I’ve actually put about 10 hours into one of the games I bought!

Had these on my wishlist forever, but then I saw that Ghost 1.0 is getting a console release in the near future so I’ll wait for that. Looks like fun.

Round 3:
Syrian Warfare (Decent RTS game, cheap, although no skirmish mode)
Geostorm Cheap filler, seems reviews are pretty good, despite shared movie name
Diluvion DLC sub
Steampunk Tower 2
Battleship Lonewolf
+
My time at Portia and Expeditions Viking from Fanatical 24 hour flash deal.
+
Kingdom Come Deliverance from CDKEY (Thanks to the constant bumping to the Kingdom Come thread and the unlimited save mod)

So guys, talk me off a ledge here. I spent a decent amount with this sale…even got some open world games like Dying Light.

And yet I keep looking at Far Cry Primal.

I couldn’t stand FC3 due to it’s protagonist, haven’t even touched 4 or 5, just recently got other open world games like Steep and The Division.

Yet I keep looking at this one.

I really need to stop, but ugh it looks so good. Someone tell me it’s terrible.

D:

So , I will say this… It is my favorite Far Cry game of the entire series.

Hope that helps. :D

In order to truly enjoy Far Cry Primal, survivor mode is highly recommended. This is kind like Rise of Tome Raider’s endurance mode.