STEAM Summer Sale 2018

While I know that money is no object when you’re Rollin’ with Rubin (coming this fall on HBO), Primal has been cheaper in other sales recently ($17 is the historic low). I also suspect it’s about due for inclusion in a bundle or two (as a top tier feature) in the next few months. It’s a fine game, but if you have enough other stuff to play until say, the Halloween Sale (or even the Thanksgiving or Winter sales) it will probably be cheaper by then.

Thank you, this is what I needed to read.

I’ll get it eventually.

High Five

Aside from a handful of must-buy games and developers i’ve got a lifetime of backlogged games to play. Essentially i’m at a point where even if the game were free it holds little value for me.

Not to mention getting free games from the PS Plus service… far too many games.

My weakness is that i buy games now as much to support the developer and the existence of good games as much or more as to play them. If i want good games on the ipad, i have to buy good games on the ipad. If i want non-violent games on consoles i need to buy them, etc. If i want to encourage female protagonists, i feel compelled to buy those games. My gaming purchasing habits at this point are as much as a sort of ‘post-release’ Patreon more than anything.

But i get the appeal of making games special again. MGGA? Back when games were few, limited, and precious, they were more memorable. As an adult with adult levels of disposable income there are basically no limitations on how many games you can own, far outstripping your ability to actually play them.

Yeah, I’ve been doing a bit of that myself. Still haven’t played Battletech and I got in on the ground floor of that Kickstarter.

Coming down to the wire and so far I got:
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
The Queen and the Crone DLC for Total War Warhammer II

I can get one more purchase and I’m thinking about either BSG Deadlock with expansions, Ghost Recon Wildlands, or Vermintide 2 for my last purchase.

On both purchases, you are a very intelligent individual. Well done!

Any spaceship needs a real bargainologist such as @SlainteMhath onboard.

True dat.

Ha!
[Scotty Voice] :“Ya canna buy it any cheaper Captain!”

Aaand… It’s gone.

I am glad, because I had Resident Evil 7 in my cart for the last hour.

:)

Weird thing is so many things on my wishlist are still marked as being on sale.

Edit: Oh nevermind, it’s fixed itself, now it’s only like seven things, as it is normally.

I went for the last minute steam controller + link and Red Faction Remastered/marstered. I think all in I was at $70 this sale, but 50 of it game from a gift card.

Excited to actually sit and play them…hah.

As if from the last drips of sunlight reminding us of a day which will never repeat, the warmth of the sale still lingers fir a few moments more. A blessing to reminisce on deals found or triumphs over temptation? Perhaps. Just as likely, an opportunity to @#$%ing curse yourself over forgetting to buy what was left in your shopping cart, lol.

Just under $100 in games I am confident I will not play:

But at least you got $5 off!

I like to think of it as , Paypal giving me one game for free.

Thanks Paypal!

You can’t go wrong with The Legend of Heroes. Great games all of them.

I, uh, forgot to activate the bonus. Because I didn’t know I had to.

Oops.

I’m a nut for JRPGs. I should probably actually play one of these before I keep just buying the whole sprawling series, though…

If you like character development and world building, it’s hard to think of better JRPGs.