STEAM Summer Sale 2018

So I ended up with these…

Dark Souls 3 DLC (Season Pass)
Cities Skyline Special Edition

I have several AAA games in my backlog waiting to be played and so didn’t feel the need to splurge on anything.

Hey, I just grabbed TitS too, though just the first chapter. (Also it was technically in the Humble Summer sale rather than Steam… don’t tell the threadcops).

Consensual?

Let’s see, I never bought the ETS 2 France DLC (figured it could wait till next time), nor the DLCs for AoW III.

I did buy Star Traders Frontiers, Halcyon 6+OST+Precursor Legacy DLC, the OST for Frozen Synapse, the Encounters DLC for Everspace, Spintires Mudrunner, and gave Halcyon 6+Precursor DLC to my almost-12 year old nephew, who seems to have gotten into it. I considered this game ECHO I mentioned above (a game with a really clever “learning AI” mechanic) but ended up just watching a Let’s Play instead (it seems a bit overlong to tell the story–really well voice-acted by Rose Leslie–Ygritte from Game of Thrones–and Nicholas Boulton, whose voice talents have appeared in eleventy billion games: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0099610/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm).

Not on Steam, but at the last minute I also bit on that War for the Overworld game at the $6 price on Fanatical.

Only about 40 bucks all told, which includes the spending on the gifts.

Ack. Serious damage.

Round 1:
Portal 2 (only $2!)
Baldurs gate 2 (never finished!)
Grim Dawn - crucible mode
Soma (Tom’s recommendation)
Inside
Steam controller
Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth expansion (never finished grim dawn vanilla btw)
Tales of Maj’Eyal - forbidden cults (not on sale, but more ToME)
Slay the Spire (the only one I’ve played so far)

Round 2:
The age of decadence
Blacksea Odyssey
Shadow tactics
Space tyrant
Monster slayers
Planescape torment
Monster slayers fire & steel expansion
Monster slayers advanced classes unlocker

Would have gone back for a third round but they ended the sale. I thought it was going on for the rest of the day.

Welp, here we go…

Round 1:

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair
EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 Mission Pack 1: Time of the Mutants
EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 Mission Pack 2: Extreme Battle
Deep Rock Galactic
Seven: The Days Long Gone
Dominions 5
Creeper World Anniversary Edition
Creeper World 2 Anniversary Edition
Particle Fleet: Emergence - Corporate Bonus

Round 2:

Shadowhand
SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell
SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell - Soundtrack
SEUM: The Drunk Side of the Moon
Devil Daggers
Motorsport Manager - Endurance Series
Motorsport Manager - Challenge Pack
Motorsport Manager: GT Series

Round 3:

Vanquish
Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass Bundle ROW

Round 4:

Dying Light Enhanced Edition ROW
Diluvion - Pre-Order Sub "Derringer"
Diluvion Fleet Edition
Dying Light- Harran Ranger Bundle
Zombie Estate 2

Round 5:

RWBY: Grimm Eclipse

I’d say I’m set until the next sale.

Darn. I knew there was something I forgot to buy.

I got it as a gift too. An hour in, it’s a bit overwhelming, but kind of amazing.

I only grabbed one game this sale:

Slay the Spire

This might have slipped under my radar, but due to the overwhelming positive feedback here, I am glad I noticed and grabbed it. Lots of fun!

Thanks Qt3!

Only two this summer: For the King, which my SO and I are enjoying (well as much as we can during the east coast heat wave) and with 15 minutes left … Slay the Spire (turns out, Qt3 hivemind is a thing after all.)

I bought two games… meant to study it more a couple of days ago but… hey thing happen.

Zeus / Poseidon and For the King. I’ve played one a bit, Zeus, because I never finished it the first time through. I’ll get to the other.

Have played and like:
Dominions V
Gemcraft
Rogue State
Beat Cop
1979 Revolution: Black Friday

Haven’t played yet
Oriental Empires
Legends of Eisenwald

So I was actually not disappointed with my choices this year. Thanks to all of you for helping me learn to be a better consumer.

I am trying not to play anything else I bought during the sale until tomorrows Humble reveals.

Those are happening tonight just after midnight, aren’t they (for me they did, anyway, last time I didn’t pause)? I did pause this time, so my interest is purely academic.

Nope, the humble store page has a 13+ hour countdown timer on it, so we gotta wait.

Silly me, you’re right. The midnight thing was for charging my card, not for revealing the bonus games.

I only bought one thing… this collection…

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/6028/DYA_Games_Collection/

Just don’t really have time for anything atm. I did buy the Williams/Bally tables I wanted before they were gone from Pinball Arcade, but none of that was on sale.

So what’d I end up with - biggest haul in a few of the sales, tho not over the top:

Mad Max (finished that yesterday - mostly enjoyed)
Ghost Recon: Wildlands (just into the third area - enjoying so far)
Agents of Mayhem
Everspace
Middle Earth: Shadow of War

I think all that was ~ $50. So 5 games for the price of one. I’ll take it.

I only bought Age of Wonders 3 with DLC.

Pinball Arcade seasons 6 & 7 too, so Steam still got me for almost 100$.

I messed up thinking yesterday was the last day of the sale. Oh well, didn’t need more games anyways :) There were a few Picross-ish puzzlers in my cart, but I’ll just replay Hungry Cat & the 3D series instead. Those were great.

Not a sausage for me, this time 'round.

I’ve decided, with a backlog as large as mine, there’s no point in adding to it for anything over CAD$10.00. And there wasn’t anything compelling me at super-crazy-low prices, so I was able to keep it in my pants.

My money. I kept my money in my wallet in my pants.