STEAM - Summer Sale 2019

I read the instructions for this event game multiple times and I still don’t completely get it but I think I threw away a bunch of points, or something. Keep it simple, Valve.

Well it’s barely shown in any of the promo material / videos, if shown at all. You will be talking to a whole lot of animal headed characters. And its just really weird. :)

Watch Tom’s stream, I ended up removing it from my wishlist.

Paging @Nesrie

At least you’re ahead of me. After several attempts throughout the day, I was finally able to join a team.

I managed to get a hundred points somehow. I’m still not clear on why I didn’t get more. For once I’ve been playing games on Steam, and have Steam achievements to bolster my multiplier, I thought. It even listed the two games I got achievements in recently. I guess that wasn’t good enough though. Either that, or I couldn’t figure out how to use it properly.

I’m happy I’m not the only person who doesn’t understand this mini game thing. That makes 6 of us!

Yep I am lost on the mini game also, but I have enough coin from trying it to get my sale badge, a wallpaper and all the emotes.

I played all of Eastshade and enjoyed it a lot, although I agree that there’s less painting and more quest-doing than the game’s promotional materials present. But there’s still painting, and a lot of beautiful places to go about your painting! Especially early in the game, it feels like (to steal a phrase) every frame of the game is a painting waiting to happen. And I enjoyed there being quests without any monsters in the way. Some of the quests also drag you headlong into some interesting and unexpected ethical choices, too.

I’ve noticed a trend over the last few major Steam sales of not even matching the sale price of games from random sales throughout the year. Blech.

I poked at it for a bit and came to the conclusion that it was worth $5 to me not to have to engage with it.

Heh. Same here!

That’s a toughy because 1 is so discounted but 2 just came out and has a good discount considering.

Thea 2 has a demo, so I would suggest giving that whirl. I find the combat in Thea 2 to be a lot more satisfying than 1, and the card based combat is something some people just… hated in 1. I think Thea 2 solves some of that, but it’s still a card based combat.

I haven’t played Thea 1 since 2 came out so I intend to move on with it. I don’t think I’ve even scratched the surface yet though, and I don’t consider this sort of thing repetitive anymore than I consider playing something like Civ 100 times repetitive.

Oh, I think I get it. The reason my achievements don’t enhance my boost is that you can only enhance your max boost by buying stuff on Steam during the sale. And then your achievements help you get to your maximum boost. But since I haven’t bought anything in the sale, my max boost must still be 100, which is what we get every day of the sale if we don’t buy anything.

Thanks! Sounds like a good idea to just skip to the latest!

It’s a remake of a early 2000s RPG, which is itself a spiritual successor of a 90s RPG (Heroes of Jingyong), very old school and not open world.

The latest game from the same creators is indeed an open world and a direct sequel to said 90s spiritual predecessor:

Well, its Wuxia, a lot is lost in translation if you’re not familiar with the genre and Chinese culture.

I think the whole thing is bugged, because on the prize page it said my max boost was increased by 4500 based on past purchases, but when I went to redeem achievements it only gave me ~600 points and threw the rest into the void.

Whatever the case is, they’ve made it so I’m going to not care about the event and whatever I end up with I’ll use to try and level my badge or something, I guess.

Wait, past purchases are supposed to count? I just bought the Dust/Amid Evil pack last week, but doesn’t look like they gave me credit for that for boost enhancing purposes.

Btw, Dust/Amid Evil are not worth it. Wait for a bigger sale.

I’m considering picking up these games by tomorrow.

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Sorry I can’t help with Thea 2, but I did write a bit about Thea 1.

I bought Battletech, A Hat Full of Sky (edit: oops, I meant A Hat in Time…Sorry Terry!), Subnautica and an expansion to Euro Truckers 2. And I can’t play any of them yet because i still have to finish my PhD first… Damn!!!