STEAM - Summer Sale 2019

I love Fight N Rage. I bought it before it was in the Monthly. It’s a really pretty game that yes, has some fan service, but I love beat 'em ups and it’s a damn good one!

I picked up a couple of DLC and another game this morning, and trying to keep all three in my cart at the same time long enough to make it to the purchase button was like the worst ever game of whack-a-mole.

I think I am going to get the DLCs for Pathfinder. The Podcast really made me want to dive back in.

Although, in my first jump in, it didn’t feel like the classes or even the archetypes, were particularly balanced.

I’m not sure class balance is ever in the cards for D&D/Pathfinder RPGs. Probably best you can hope for is a good difficulty balance based on available party members.

(I thought it was ok, though Ekun is a bit OP and made things pretty easy.)

Figured out this silly “game”

• Join any team. You get the animal badge
  • Play something with a lot of earned achievements for 30 mins
  • Buy stuff (optional), then collect your points from what you played
  • Hit the boost button. Every day if you want to be eligible for the wishlist draw
  • Use your points in the pit stop

That looks like everything that matters? They sure could’ve explained it better. There aren’t many cute emotes this time, but if anyone cares about their Steam level you can skyrocket buying the badges.

No more sales! Please! No mas!!!

Do you have to earn a lot of achievements in the game in question?
Or could you have earned them prior?
Or simply… the game in question must have a lot of achievements available…

confused AF + 1 at the minigame

Yeah, all my stuff switched to Steam, and there wasn’t a choice about it. I already posted what happened to someone who ignored some of those message… lost most their DLC purchases forever.

I am not using the Paradox store. I tried that already. Steam it is.

So did the Corgi Team get caught doing something… seems unlikely everyone else just caught up over night.

Pretty much this. Classes have never been particularly balanced and archetypes just layer another hierarchy on top. Heck, old-school D&D used to gate the better classes behind much higher ability score requirements (17 charisma for a paladin, for instance), highlighting how rare and awesome a more powerful class was.

But I’ll say this; don’t build the character to power-game (which sounds kind of funny when we’re talking about a game called “Kingmaker”). Instead, if you see something which just looks cool, give it a go. You’ll have PLENTY to work with to power-game later should you wish.

I don’t understand the minigame stuff but I do know that Team Corgi is for garbage people. :-)

Lots of forum members joined team Corgi. D:

I bought Bloody Spell, a Chinese Nioh clone in Early Access, and rFactor 2 only so I can play a mod of a somewhat-local track that I might want to do a track day on soon.

My tastes are becoming so niche I might need an intervention soon.

I just joined Corgi because they seem to be winning. Haven’t bothered to read if there’s any benefits to being on the winning team.

Also, the lack of a feline option showcases a failure in market research.

Small chance of winning games from your wish list

I recall in the past when there was a contest between teams, the winning team at the end of the sale got a special steam badge.

Or you can cheat your PC with a 40 point buy like I do, because you deserve to be the prettiest, most fragrant character around. (IIRC Ekun is also a point buy cheater, but not as bad as I am)

LOL - yeah, that works too

What’s wrong with corgis?

Doesn’t matter when you earned them. Here’s what I got:

170 points from 9 in Pixel Puzzles, which has a ridiculous 1600 achievements.
1630 from 4 in Picross Touch out of 28.
3400 from 7 in Shower with Dad out of 22.
5860 from 9 in Glass Masquerade out of 32
9824 from 14 in Faeria out of 59
10,102 from 21 in Space Potatoes out of 101

There is a limit (“boost capacity”) to the # of points you can collect, which goes up by how much you’ve spent on Steam after january and a bonus for $ total. Most of us are probably around 5,000.

Data dog?