Steam Summer Sale 2020

Things were slightly more expensive back in the day, eh?

When I look at the list of my Licenses, the first it shows is the Half-Life Platinum Pack, September 26, 2003. That’s also the date shown when I hover over my “16 Years of Service” badge on my profile.

those were the days! must have bought HL2:E1 as a boxed copy, though i don’t recall that.

The first game I bought on Steam was one I’ve never even played:

Which, looking at my library, seems fitting.

No idea. I just counted them by hand.

I think Lordkosc might struggle with that :)

Ooh, my first games were a pretty good set. Must have been cheaper to get Civ4 with all the add-ons thru Steam, because I remember having the box originally. Then over a year until the next purchase and then 2 until the next.

Apparently I bought a lot of Introversion games early in my Steam career. First ever Steam game was Uplink in February 2007. I bought Defcon that August. Then a year later I bought Multiwinia. Weirdly, I have a bunch of separate Orange Box related purchases. I remember originally getting it on Xbox 360 for some reason. So maybe I bought the individual bits later on PC?

First Steam activation for me was HL2 Bronze in 2005. First Steam purchase was HL2:EP2 in 2008.

My first was Torchlight in 2009.

My digital brother! Internet high five.

While I know for certain I registered the Half-Life games, Total War stuff and other retail boxes to Steam prior to 2009, I suspect those were to a different Steam account that has long been forgotten. On the bright side, it’s highly likely that I’ve repurchased pretty much all of those games in digital form over the years on my current Steam account anyway.

$15 Witcher 3
$9 Trine 4
$1 Bloons TD 6
$13 Warhammer TW 2 DLC

was the final decision

So I ended up buying:

Glass Masquerade 2 and associated DLC
Tametsi
Senalux
Interplanetary
Slime Rancher DLC (mostly just to support a great dev team)
The cheaper Railway Empire DLC’s (Mexico, Andes, Great Lakes)
Fallout 4 GOTY
Skyrim Special Edition
Total Cost: ~$50

…which is honestly too much, especially considering the recent Humble choice and some lovely gifts from friends. Probably won’t get anything during the winter sale as a result.

Light damage for me this summer:

• Hearts of Iron IV mobilization pack
  • Has-been Heroes

For a total of $31.10 with my $5 off.

I added Atlantic Fleet. A WW2 naval sim for $5.

Two other games hit my radar screen No Man’s Sky and Rise of Industry, the later is actually a couple of bucks cheaper at Green Man Gaming than Steam.

I’m still thoroughly enjoy Dawn of Man.I’ll finish this game and then probably play 2nd game. I figure somewhere between 60-100 hours for the game.

Rise of Industry turned out to be less than good imho.

I bought Adios Amigos for 3 bucks and the Italia and Vive la France! DLCs on sale for ETS2. Now I’m wondering which of the DLCs for Dirt Rally 2 I should get, if any. I only have the base game, I assume, from the Humble Monthly a few months back, and a couple of cars that came with that bundle. Opinions?

I found it boring, myself.

Final tally:

Rebel Inc:Escalation - $11.99
Jon Shafer’s At The Gates - $9.89
Tametsi - $0.98
Tametsi (gifted) - $0.98
Iratus (curse you, Tom Chick) - $20.99

Total damage - $44.82

Yusssssssssssssss

Thanks for the warning. It was a marginal purchase. It doesn’t look like No Man’s Sky is really any type of sale it is been $30 for a while, so I’ll what on that.