Steam Summer Sale 2021

Whenever I see the title Helium Rain I think of Bowfinger.

lmao

edit: more lmao

Anyway apparently I’m a Gorilla Scientist

I might pick up Aria Chronicles, Cards & Crystals and Demoncrawl.
I only buy games two or three times a year. So it’s time for me to stack up.

I’m like that with Heavy Rain! I chuckle to myself and try to explain to my wife who never listens to me or will watch Bowfinger.
“Because when the aliens come down to earth, they come inside raindrops…”

Thanks for the reply… It sounds like it isn’t for me. Living in the Australian timezone and having variable working hours really kills the multiplayer of games with small communities for me.

Actually for the most part that’s not a bad philosophy! Maybe I can trim mine a bit.

You should grab it - you’ll easily get that value out of it I suspect - I did, even though I suck at it. It is one of those games that is super fun even if you die a lot (which I do).

Command IS complicated. But there are some really good tutorials out there, and when you start figuring out the way platforms work and how to exploit their strengths and weaknesses it is super satisfying. The replay value is basically endless as there are so many scenarios you can pick up from the steam workshop.

It’s highly recommended if you are into modern air and naval warfare (some ground ops are simulated but air and naval is where the meat is).

We really need a “like” button on this forum! :) Same for me.

Yeah, same here. I was so excited to play Noita and bought it the day it left EA. I put some hours into it but for whatever reason it just never clicked, despite the crazy elemental fireworks and reactive pixel physics. Like, I kept forgetting that I had it, which is not a good sign. Even now when I see it I’m like ‘oh yeah, Noita, maybe I should give that another go sometime’. Meanwhile, games like Atomicrops and Hades I could not finish work fast enough to get back on to them.

@Rock8man Yeah, as @Left_Empty said, The Oil Blue is great. It looks all cosy and serene with its moonlit blues and purples, its 20s typeface and tactile buttons and dials, but it’s a (satisfying!) multi-tasking nightmare. Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for those that suggested Noita - I did ultimately pick it up and played just a few rounds and it’s got a few things going for it that aren’t immediately obvious until you play it.

1 - The control is perfect - WASD and aiming feels immaculate, so every spell that misses or time I drop into a lake of fire is all on me, and that feels like something I could get good at with time.

2 - The game is gorgeous and cool, in a way that reminds of me of when I first played the original Worms game and would occasionally see these amazing moments with fire and exploding barrels - only this shit happens every minute of play! It’s an absolutely wild and impressive game with how the world reacts to you and even (especially) without your input.

The second point is key for the first point - I’m going to want to play this a lot, I suspect. I also enjoy there are passive perks to pick up it seems each level, I’ve been able to get to the second level and a full heal/purchase new spells/pick a perk every game so that first zone is very well tuned difficulty wise, I think. Just an outstanding experience so far.

Australian, worked continuous shift for years. I know it depends on what other circumstances you find yourself in, time etc, but the async nature of Dom games on this forum in particular mean that timezones in particular are not an issue. My biggest issue would be spending nightshifts plotting up ways to kill my opponents in my head. Dominions can be a busy mental game.

I’m trying to decide between Forza Horizon 4 and War on the Sea. Forza looks ridiculously fun and packed with content so I’m sure to love it.

On the other hand, I’d probably enjoy War on the Sea even more, except that a lot of issues have been brought up on the Steam forum since release, and it’s hard to gauge whether they are reasonable concerns or grogs being excessively pedantic.

Ohh, damn, I am so tempted but standing strong!

haven’t you learned anything from this forum, son. Just kidding (or am I?)

So, Tainted Grail is related to the board game or was the board game based on some RPG I’d never heard of? Regardless, I think that’s the one I’ll grab, but I am really trying to avoid buying anything as coming back to PC gaming after a hiatus means my backlog is so much bigger than it has ever been.

It’s a deckbuilder game based on the boardgame.

So, originally, Tainted Grail PC was announced as a bonus for backers of the Kickstarter for Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon in 2018. It started slowly - with one programmer, one artist, working on the core of it all - and the game was slowly growing in scope because Awaken Realms didn’t want to make a simple board game conversion. By April 2019 the team kept growing and so in December 2019 we’ve released a 2-3 hour long pre-alpha demo of the digital game’s story campaign. It was available to Kickstarter backers and we wanted to share it mostly to hear what they think - and it was generally received very, very well.

Edit: Here’s the full article. I found it interesting.

Thanks! I guess I could have found that myself. :)

It does look great.

That’s really interesting, thanks for sharing that. I had no idea the card game was a Kickstarter bonus for the upcoming RPG - what a cool thing. It’s a fantastic game, I’ve got around 25 hours into it and I’m still enjoying it (and I’m still unlocking stuff as each class has quite a bit to unlock).

Apologies if I am polluting the Steam Sale thread with requests for recommendations but it seems fitting as I am hunting for something that might be on Steam.

I want to new game to scratch the same itch as the Civ 4 mod Fall from Heaven. A 4x with lots of factions that play differently. Or perhaps tech trees that are diverse and offer real choices and tradeoffs. A nice amount of lore or flavor. Difficulty settings so that I can set it a little lower if I want to so that I can use flavorful units without worrying. On the other hand I do want some challenge and competence in the AI. Bonus points if it is SF or Rot3K inspired. An even bigger bonus if it is heavy on the explore part.

Well, it’s not my cup of tea, but there is Conquest of Elysium, but that has less tech tree stuff.