Steam Summer Sale 2022 and Autumn too!

Same here. The only bad thing about Game Pass is that it ruined Steam Sales. I used to love them.

It’s another one of those open world, survival crafting games I think.

So far I’m in for: Elex 2, King Arthur: Knights Tale, Gloomhaven. These were all on my wish list so I’m pretty happy.

I am tempted by more but below is it so far, pay day tomorrow though.

Dorfromantik
Sinking City
Strange Horticultural
Last Epoch

I picked up more for the backlog than I have in quite a while including

Dark Deity
Democracy 4
Interstellar Space Genesis
Plutocracy
Space Haven
Wildermyth
Wyoming for ATS

Here’s a suggestion: set a percentage, like 70 or 75%. If something on your list is on sale at that mark or better, and you still don’t want to buy it, remove it from the list.

Wrong! I am actually playing this.

Also picked up

• Nebuchadnezzar - really hits that Impressions Games niche. Early Access seems to come along far enough to jump in.
  • Spacebourne - Space combat and ground combat! But very janky.
  • Factorio. Not on sale but pretty good!

It still took me 30 minutes to find the ten fakes, but I never would have without that link. Thanks!

Pro tip: go to the SteamHub community page for the game. People have left comments about where they found them. They seem to be in 2-3 different categories, so you may not find them where someone else did.

This little Steam hunt has made me realize that I’m old and have no idea how Steam categories games anymore. There are also thousands of games that look interesting but I’ll never play. I guess that’s good and bad.

Confession: I don’t even know what the Steam sale game is this time. It’s presented as a wall of text so I didn’t even read it.

Sorry Steam!

My haul so far:

• Gordian Quest
  • Neon White
  • Stacklands
  • Cloudpunk
  • AI: The Somnium Files
  • The Last Campfire
  • Cuphead

I might buy more stuff before the sale ends. We’ll see.

That’s what I’ve been doing for a while now. If a game is at least 75-80% off and I’m still undecided on grabbing it, it’s probably safe to say that I’m not that interested in buying it.

I’m more in the “right price, wrong time” school. A game might be 80% off but just not what I’m looking for now. I’m happy to leave it on the wishlist because it will be on sale again at the right time.

Yeah, it’s not like they charge you rent for using wish list space. Hell, I’ve had games there for years. I may never buy them but I’m ok with that too.

Yeah, same here. I usually just buy them and add them to my backlog, so why not wait until one feels like I would want to play it right this moment? That way maybe I’ll actually play it.

Exempt from this rational line of reasoning is when games fall below $5. Then the irrational thought kicks.

“Why not?”

Sure, but if you want a way to pare down a list that is nearing 1000 titles, it’s an idea. If you don’t mind having a giant list, so be it.

Why is ‘New World’ not under $5 at this point?

Well now I didn’t say I went putting every halfway interesting sounding title on my list, that would be nuts. I think I’ve got maybe 100 titles on it most of the time.

Mine usually hovers around that too. We aren’t pro gamers like @lordkosc

Songs of Conquest just got a 25% discount on Steam right now. This now matches the current GOG sale price.

It’s a bit odd to see a discount come in late during a Steam sale. Perhaps there was some mixup when they submitted their discount price to Steam.

I just like all the things, except anime. :)

I think @BrianRubin is the MVP for steam wishlist size.

@krushnine Yep I saw that Songs of Conquest discount, I am guessing sales at full price were not happening, and so they decided to participate as to not leave that sweet sale early access money on the table.