Steam Summer Sale 2022 and Autumn too!

With a little bit of wallet money I bought Fates of Ort.

I have this one on Switch, too, but my girlfriend pretty much monopolizes the Switch (which is fair, it’s hers!), and it will run on her Mac laptop, which has a much more reliable battery than my old Windows laptop and is just in general more comfortable to use.

This game is very intriguing and I will probably make a post about it soon as it’s gotten basically zero mention on here.

Nope! I actually wondered if anyone did win, as I’ve entered every time they give me the chance, and never won.

7-6-2022 8-25-45 AM

Definitely write something up soon - this looks like it would be fun on my Switch and it’s also on sale there, so I’d like some thoughts and info before I drop $8 on it. Thanks for putting this on my radar, regardless!

Solasta and MSFS are both on Xbox PC Gamepass along with hundreds of others games. May be worth looking into. There is a way you can get 3 years of Gamepass for around $100+

I’d recommend getting the Steam version. The user-created content in the Workshop is actually quite good.

I am pondering this purchase as well, and I also have Kingmaker Complete and D:OS 2 hanging around in my backlog. I also can’t shake the feeling that Solasta is about to enter that phase where it’s highly likely to pop up as a Humble Choice offering, headliner for a $15+ bundle from Humble or Fanatical, or even steeper than 60% discount as part of a sale somewhere.

Other titles off my wishlist that have reached discounts large enough to be tempting include:

OR, I may skip everything else and just throw $30 at

If I choose not to decide, I still have made a choice!

Trained Grail is really great, imo, if you like deckbuilder games. I think it was on gamepass at one time.

Aggressors: Ancient Rome is great, but this is by the same people and is even better.

Also on my Wishlist, but alas, it’s only 50% off and therefore does not meet my stringent “straight to backlog games must be 60% off or more at purchase” requirement. =)

FWIW I ended up grabbing this and while I’m only a few hours in, I’m really enjoying it so far. It looks neat, great animation and ambience though darker in tone (visually). It seems to be telling a story I’m finding interesting enough to want to keep pushing forward, and the mechanics (like how your decisions move you along a “morality” chart that unlocks things based on the choices you’ve made) coupled with dialog you could get and friends (and enemies) you can make by said choices hint at maybe a second play through being worth doing as well. So far so good! Two days in a row I’ve looked forward to diving back into it after work or when I wake up, so that’s a good sign.

Thanks for the excellent recommendation, that does sound good!

I ended up returning Tabletop Simulator. Seems neat but I’ll stick with my real tabletop for boardgames.

So with $10 in my Steam wallet, I grabbed $40 of games! Yay, math!

I picked up:

Ace Combat 7 (I think the new Top Gun is really helping sales for this one!)
Golftopia
Lair of the Clockwork God
Little Nightmares 2

I’m still planning to buy Children of Morta before the sale is over, no doubt along with a few more titles in my usual last-day-of-the-sale burst of bad judgement.

Let me know if this actually scratches that itch. I was also kind of frustrated that there wasn’t a game version of that movie’s mission.

Fire this up first. You can jump right in and have fun ie a very low barrier to entry, yet reasonably deep in terms of trying different builds, etc.

Thanks! This sounds good since I was looking for a couple of games I could pick up and play. Something without having to remember what the hell I was doing the last time from months ago.

I picked up Lonely Mountains last week, and that has been very enjoyable for short sessions so far. The runs are quick and just take a couple of minutes, and the game gives a really nice feel of speed and outdoor atmosphere.

There is actually a mission in the middle of the campaign which is similar :) It’s worth a budget buy IMO. You’ll know within the refund period if it’s for you.

Thanks to today’s Fanatical Star Deal I picked up Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and ended up with a $1 off coupon to grab Timesplitters 2 as well. Add to that the aforementioned DJMAX DLC plus Risk of Rain 2 and No Man’s Sky from CDkeys.com and it was a pretty uneventful sale for me. My library just crossed 4k so I’ve got plenty of backlog to work on and rediscover on the Deck anyway.

How is Planet Zoo? Do you need all DLC because there seems to be a lot. And is there an actual simulation (which Planet Coaster seemed to be lacking)?

Add Distant Worlds 2 to my damage. I noticed it was 19% off because I had purchased the first game. I think I’m done now… until last minute “the sale is ending!” panic sets in tomorrow morning. Creeper World 4 is calling to me.

Wait, isn’t Distant Worlds 2 a Brian Rubin not approved game?