Steam summer sale has started

Heads up everyone, Steam has started it’s big summer sale thingie.

Yes sir, and since the bargain thread is where most deal discussion is, lets focus this thread on what we bought so far!

Day1:
Toki Tori
Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale
Back to the Future: The Game
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
Rush
Gratuitous Space Battles: Nomads
Gratuitous Space Battles: Galactic Conquest
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution

:D

Toki Tori is extremely short and extremely boring

Very tempted on Witcher 2 and Test Drive 2 ($10!).

Only bought BIT.TRIP.RUNNER ($2.50) so far. I already had most of the interesting deals today (The Witcher 2, Recettear, BIT.TRIP.BEAT…) so it was pretty safe. I’m still thinking about Borderlands but I’m pretty sure that I won’t be playing it soon so I’ll probably give it a pass.

I’m in for Terraria and the complete Telltale pack. Problem: it says it includes the two Bone games but they are nowhere to be found once I’ve bought the pack. Argh!

Go for it. Ridiculous value for that money. I think I spent ~40hrs on this one already, and twice that on the first game.

Just be aware that it does tend to the arcadey. And the whole storymode pointlessly shoehorned into it is teetering on the line of “so bad it’s good” but it doesn’t quite make it.

Prolly gonna buy a few copies of Borderlands, one for me and a couple to gift. Even though I’ve already played through it on the 360, I’d gladly do it again with PC gaming buddies.

For something like GSB, how do you see which DLC expansions you already have? Is there a way to tell in the Steam interface?

If you haven’t played Borderlands yet, you really should pick it up for that price. It is a phenomenal deal on an extremely fun game.

Try right-clicking on it and seeing if there’s a ‘View Downloaded Content’ menu option.

I probably should pick up GSB on Steam, since it’s now cheaper to just rebuy the whole thing there than to get the three expansions I’m missing separately.

Yes if you go to the DLC store page it will tell you which one you already own. You have to click on each one though which is kinda a pain in the ass.

just add everything to the basket, then in the basket page you’ll see every item you own marked as such, and can delete it

Lucky he didn’t pay full price!!

I predict massive sales for witcher 2 - it’s awesome and I think this is first big sale it has had

If it wasn’t for the fact that I know I won’t be playing witcher 2 for quite a while still, I’d definitely be buying it right now. It’s already the highest selling for the day.

It is currently #1 on the top sellers chart! Though that is by revenue, somebody pointed out earlier, not units, but I imagine CD Projekt will be happy anyway.

And then imagine how many units Borderlands must be selling, in the #2 spot at that price…

Picked up the BTTF pack. Great deal. I’m holding out for a better price on Terraria.

With a little more effort from Valve, Steam could probably take over the world. I’m already pretty much a Steam zombie at this point.

I picked up all 3 railroad tycoon-esque games for 10 bucks. couldn’t resist…

I find it amusing that Valve generates millions of dollars just by updating their website to different content for a week.