Steam summer sale has started

Yes, exactly. Only with a bit heavier focus on the collecting of items and killing monsters and bosses.

It was 10 bucks before.

Yes … and it’s also a sidescrolling platformer. It’s a bit more game-y than Minecraft, with bosses to fight and whatnot.

Do not ask questions , buy it!

Rock8, just get it, seriously. I should’ve waited, but I love it.

Other than that, nothing to get for me today.

Close to breaking down with regards to dead space 2, I’ve wanted to play a horror-esque shooter for a while now, only not for the EU price.

Would a US member be willing to gift me dead space 2 and the NWN 2 platinum pack? I would pre-pay (with paypal) of course.

Re: Terraria: Shrug. Ok, done. But the trailer on its steam page makes it look horrible. They should hire someone to make a better trailer. They make it look like an old-school hard-as-hell platformers from the 16-bit era that I used to hate, crossed with some footage that looks like the Super Smash Bros games, which I also hate.

You own the X3 series, and Dead Space 1 / 2?

Both have space / space ships in them!

I have to say, one of the highlights of the sale is the banner artwork each day. It must have been very fun for the artist to get a chance to work with these characters in a daily summer camp theme.

Try looking at some gameplay videos on youtube or something. I find terraria a very weird game. It sort of scratches the diablo collection vibe, but it’s not that fun. Still it managed to magically disappear some hours.

Yeah, Brian owns the X series. Not sure about Dead Space though.

Brian, Dead Space is one of the only games that I’ve played through 3 times. I didn’t like it at first, but it really grew on me. It lacks the charm and charisma of a System Shock, so it’s not the story that drew me in (at all), but the gameplay eventually won me over in a major way. It’s the only 3rd person shooter I’ve played that feels as immersive as a first person shooter.

I have not checked out Dead Space 2 yet, and have no time to do so. I’m sure it will be on sale again by the time I get more free time.

The sale finally got me to bite: Terraria and Portal 2.

I might bite on the Sam and Max games-- I played a couple of them a few years ago and liked them quite a bit.

That’s a steal of a price for the X games (and I’m weirdly tempted by the old school XBTF and X-Tension–stupid, I know–the graphics just don’t hold up at all). X3 Terran Conflict is the one I’m going back to, though, for sure at some point.

I paid full freight for Terraria before the sale and I’ve got to say it’s quite nifty, but I haven’t explored it nearly enough. A ton of replayability there though.

Bah

Today is deadly for me.

Terraria. Dead Space Pack. Sam and Max. SupCom 2.

They really are keeping the big guns for the last.

I’d recommend Prince of Persia to people. As a game it does suffer from a number of flaws, but wow, what a great ending.

Uhm, because the developer is a friend of mine.

The videogame level is great. I find myself too busy rolling over stuff to read everything in the letters one.

I unlocked everything but the final level, which requires an A in every other level to unlock. I finally got tired and quit, figuring I’d go back and get the ticket today. Then I looked at the ticket and realized I had to beat the entire game in one sitting. Fuck you, ticket. I’m not starting from scratch.

I hit the restart button without having completed anything before and got the ticket.

Agreed 100%. It ended up being one of my favorite games by the end, even though I started pretty tepid on it.

It’s not that bad. I enjoyed it.

Is there any reason, any reason at all, to go for the X pack instead of just X3:TC?