Steam Trading Cards

Strategy, I wasn’t able to see any of your items to make a trade, you had set your profile to private. Maybe we can try again. Friend invite sent.

Just need number 5, and I’ll trade 4 or 10. Or a copy of torchlight. I am legowarior on steam.

Ok, I just need #6 (shoutout to LordKosc for gifting two cards to me) and I have #9 and #10 to be gifted to anyone who needs it, paying it forward…

I’ve still got an extra 6 if you like, habibi. Feel free to hit me up.

Thank you! Adding you in Steam…

Happy crafting!

Thanks, sir, and I have crafted and done with that Summer Badge! Yay.

And I still have #9 if anyone wants it.

Looking for a 9.

Have: 5 and 10, for anyone who need them.

[Edited]

Your 9 should be inbound.

I still have a 4 and a 10 looking for a good home.

Thanks. My OCD is now assuaged until next Steam sale.

Still have 5s and also a 10, if anyone need them.

I have a 4 and a 10, but I would like the 5 please.

Anyone can have any of my summer cards. Here’s my inventory

Currently have 1,2,4,7,8

I have cards 3 and 5 if anyone wants them . User name = Orbitrap

800,000 summer cards on the market are going poof. Over 75% of the listings still wanted 20+ cents each at the end.

I made about $9 selling my cards, sold off my last few for $14 cents each, also gave 2 away to someone on here, I forget who…

I just noticed that yesterday dinking around with Mutant Blobs Attack I earned a foil card that (it says) sells for about $4. I’ve never sold anything on the Steam marketplace before, but I figured this is a decent reason to give it a try, so I put it up for sale for $3. What are the chances anyone cares enough about it to buy? Is it valuable because it’s rare because no one played the game?

I know this question must have been asked more than once in this thread, but if I don’t care about my card collection (the remainder of which have a market price of 10 or so cents each), what’s the best way to make what I can off of them?

Sell during periods of high demand. In essence sell your typical cards when there is a sale. There is about a 4-5 cent spike in card prices then, and you can easily sell a typical card for ~$0.14 (actual sale price after Valve’s cut $0.16) without much hassle.

As for foil cards they are more rare, and create the more rare badges. As for why? No idea. Obviously to some people the badges provide some form of value, but I’ve had a hard time seeing it.

Outside of a Steam sale, a foil badge gains more XP than a normal badge, probably only increases the chance for a booster pack to drop for that game.

You can put that foil card on sale and leave it there for a week to see if there are any takers. You can withdraw a for sale item from the marketplace at anytime. (I withdraw mainly to change prices.)

That reminds me, I got 2 booster packs I haven’t opened…

It’s best to list foils a penny under the current price. Anyone nutso enough to pay 3$ for one would also pay 4$. :)

There are no extra benefits to making foil collections other than a fancier badge on your profile.

So I decided to see what I could do with all the cards I’ve racked up over the last year. I have had a foil card up for a couple weeks, but no takers, even after dropping the price significantly. What I decided to do with the rest was sell for the highest guaranteed price (highest existing offer). On most cards I got about $.05. There were a number of games–more obscure ones, interestingly–where the cards were worth $.12-.15. Can’t remember how many cards I started with, but I got close to $7 in return.

Then… I got a little hooked. I’m ashamed to say it. I started playing the games with more valuable (> $.10) cards, mostly just for their drops. Now I’m up to about $9.00. Might put it all down as a healthy discount on Shovel Knight.