Steam Winter Sale Damage Thread

I do not feel as bad since I did not purchase anything during the Thanksgiving Sale so I will go first.

The Age of Decadence: $7.49
Satellite Reign: $4.49
The Flame in the Flood: $9.99
Block’hood: $5.99
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna): $2.99
Poly Bridge: $7.79
Ultimate General: Civil War: $25.49

Total Spent: $64.23

The steep discounts on AoD, FitF and Never Alone were enough for me to pull the trigger. Getting a new PC in the last year coupled with the very steep discount was enough to get me pull the trigger again on Satellite Reign as it ran like total shite the last time I tried it. I am a city building junkie so Block’hood was one I had my eye on for a while and Poly Bridge looks like fun. Finally I liked Ultimate General: Gettysburg and I have really enjoyed the YouTube videos of Civil War which is enough to get me to support it even if almost at full price.

I’m only now getting over to Steam so this will be updated, but so far:

Anno 2205 - $12.99
Anno 2205 Season Pass - $9.57
Predynastic Egypt - $7.64
Turmoil - $5.99

Total - $36.19

I think that will do me for now. Most of my wishlist is Early Access, and I’d rather wait and see what happens with 1.0 on those.

Motorsport Manager is on sale for real now. Not by a huge amount, but it’s pretty tempting at £19.

Doom $19.79
The Sunless Sea plus the Zubmariner bundle $15.79

Man, I wanted to get some stuff, but unless it’s a must have I wait for 75% off, I’m a bit floored that out of a 50 item wishlist not one is at that magic number. I can resist anything except temptation, apparently that won’t be a problem this sale, haha.

I never got the latest GTA so I might get that.

So far: Dog Sled Saga for $5.34. I’ll wait until after Christmas to grab anything else.

I also skipped the Thanksgiving sale so I went a little crazy today on wishlisted games.

Satellite Reign $4.49
Enter the Gungeon $7.49
ABZU $5.99
Oxenfree $4.99
The Flame in the Flood $9.99
Thumper $15.99
Samorost 3 $8.99
I am Setsuna $26.79

I decided on Setsuna, Thumper, and Abzu after reading the AV Club’s favorite games of the year Part 1 and Part 2.

I strongly considered Tom’s GOTY Quadrilateral Cowboy but the 10% off price wasn’t that enticing… someday!

My wife give me an earlier Xmas gift of $100 Steam gift card, and now I’m done with the sale:

The Red Solstice                                      $3.99
The Flame in the Flood                                $9.99
Thea: The Awakening 	                              $9.99
Sunrider: Liberation Day - Captain's Edition 	      $9.99
The Deadly Tower of Monsters 	                      $5.09
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander 	                      $14.99
Seraph 	                                              $4.41
Orwell 	                                              $7.99
Beholder 	                                      $6.69
Sengoku Jidai Gold                                    $24.42
StarTactics 	                                      $1.99

Total damage $99.54

Let us know what you think. I was considering picking this up at some point.

Excellent choices dude.

I am thinking about purchasing Gremlins Inc. Does one need the DLC to to make the game or is it ok on its own. I know it was garnering a lot of praise in the biggest surprise of 2016 thread but not sure if that was the vanilla version or with the DLC.

Any thoughts?

All the DLC for Gremlins Inc is and will always be cosmetic.
That was the promise those wacky Russians did, and they stood by it. It’s just reaction emoticons and stuff (you can’t chat otherwise in-game). All the new cards, mechanics and other things have been patched into the game freely.
If you are like me, you’ll buy the game, enjoy the emoticons so much when others use them you’ll buy some of them later ;)

HOw hard is it to get a game in Gremlins Inc?

It depends widely on your time-zone. In the Asian time-zone, it was usually pretty lengthy. When I played when America and Europe was awake, it was very fast. But all this was months ago. Looking at the stats of games online right now, it seems to be about the same.

The biggest detract from Gremlins Inc is you got to have about one-hour of spare-time ahead of you to play a game (it’s all done in one seating), and you must be dedicated to it: leaving your chair for 2 minutes can spell doom for your whole game when the computer takes over to play your turn. Personally, this is why I can’t play it nearly as much as I wished.

I recently dabble in GameMaker Studio, trying out the free version and hoping for a sale. I’m bummed that Winter Sale didn’t have a sale for GameMaker.

I still have to go and look, but if Grim Dawn has a reasonable discount I’m sure I’ll bite.

Is this sale the variable-discount type again? Or is it like last year(s) where the original discount remains unchanged during the sale?

That’s tempting.

@mjgreeny75 - I assume this is exactly like last year because with the new return policy. Unless they create a way to automatically give you the lower price and credit your account if a game you bought gets cheaper. It’s sad - I miss the flash sales.

Yeah, that makes sense. Oh well, I guess I can just buy all I want in one go then!

Well, I bought…

Grim Dawn
Sunless Sea
Seraph
Invisible, Inc
Defender’s quest: Valley of the Forgotten.
Edit: and Oxenfree. Thanks Ephraim, I forgot that one…

More than I bought in the last 4 sales together, and probably more than I’ll be able to play next year. But still happy with it!