Steam Winter Sale Damage Thread

Offworld Trading Company and Oxenfree.

$20 Canadian. I am content.

I picked up a few gifts for friends (stuff I saw on their wishlist that I had played and loved, and knew they would enjoy) and was gifted Rim World, which seems very cool so far though I will probably wait until it’s out of Early Access to play it, as I have plenty of non-EA games in my backlog and am getting 3DS and PS4 games for Christmas, if anyone followed my wishlists. :)

I think this is a great sale actually, and I wish I’d set aside $50 or more for it, as there are some really neat titles (many of which are listed in this thread) and even more DLC that I’d love to pick up and the deals look really enticing, with many of the games in my wishlist down to $2 or $3 for games normally $10 or more.

Thinking of getting:
Armello ($14)
Lords of Xulima ($8)
Nobunaga’s Ambition ($30, 50% off))
Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients ($7.50)

Anyone have any yea or nays on that list? The first two look like there’s co-op, also looking for any recommendations for other co-op TBS or RPG

Pinball Arcade:

I don’t see it mentioned on the forums as much as Pinball FX2. Does anyone enjoy it and which pack of tables do you recommend? I find it difficult to play Pinball FX2 because I can not understand the rules and I might enjoy the old style pinball games better.

I was thinking that when company comes over it might be fun to play it and old style tables would be easier for family to try out.

Looking over the lists mention by @wumpus in the pinball thread Season One seems to have the best rated games but wanted to check here first if everyone agrees with those top 100 pinball games of all time.

I really like Pinball Arcade more than FX personally since I prefer the more realistic tables.

The packs are expensive when not on sale, so for sure get the sets that are on sale currently (think that’s 1-4). Don’t bother with the Pro versions unless you REALLY want to pay to be able to unlock the operator’s menu and change some table parameters.

The PC and PS4 versions are good choices since both have the updated lighting engine. I often play the iOS version on my iPAD since the vertical format is so perfect, but it just doesn’t look as good with the old (much flatter) lighting.

Diego

Great work, you guys crashed steam

They’ve had 2 bundles the last couple of years (via Humble Bundle), I expect they’ll do it again some time in the future. Last one was in September.
https://www.yoyogames.com/search/results?utf8=✓&query=bundle

Thanks. I have totally missed the boat then. No matter though, the trial seemed pretty feature complete. I doubt they will be doing one soon, if one was done in Sept, because they are launching GM2 in 1Q 2017.

You probably want to wait on the new version then I’m guessing? Or are they going to give everyone who owns the current GM the new version?

Oh wait, I see right there in my GM account that they want $60 to upgrade to GM2 (even though it’s still in beta, they’re already offering sales)

Probably not at this moment. I am just getting the hang of GM1 and there are tons of tutorials on GM1. I think I will worry about GM2 in the future once I have used V1 a bit more.

I can send you the bundle keys if you want? I bought it for the games in the bundle but bought up the $15 tier because it included IOS and HTML5 export keys. But I already had GM:Studio and Android export from the prior bundle (so I have those remaining)

I wasn’t going to pick up much of anything, but then it turns out I did. A pile of DLC on big sale and a game for my daughter.

Drawn: The Painted Tower $3.49

Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam $3.39
Crusader Kings II: Celtic Unit Pack $0.67
Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome $1.69
Crusader Kings II The Republic DLC $3.39
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods $5.09
Crusader Kings II: Iberian Unit Pack $0.67

Don’t Starve - Reign of Giants $1.24

Cities: Skylines - After Dark $5.09

whoa! That’s mightily kind of you! I would appreciate it. I just started development using GM for the past one week and already have one cool little level going on and I have logged in almost 40 hours (according to Steam) <== this just to tell you how serious I am about this tool. So, thanking you in advance!!

Man, Steam has been down for like half an hour. Good grief.

Don’t look at me. It was @Scotch_Lufkin.

… man, I thought it was just me!

Yeah what @dgallina said. I consider Pinball Arcade seasons 1-4 to be absolute must buys if you have any interest in pinball at all.

And yeah it looks a lot better on PC DX11 or PS4/XBone with the graphics update they did in early 2015. I can barely look at the iOS and Android versions any more…

I tried the demo but unfortunately when I am done playing and try to exit it crashes (maybe tilts!) and I get a black screen. Using Win 10 so not sure if that maybe part of the problem.

Armello is strictly 4-player FFA; there is no teaming. I love the game, but the UI could use some minor QoL changes to make it easier to monitor the status of your opponents. It doesn’t support asynch play, but, once you know how to play, a game doesn’t take too long. There’s been heartache here over the lack of zoom-out, but it doesn’t bother me as it forces you to pay attention to what your opponents are doing when it’s not your turn. The artwork, music, and presentation are top-notch.