Steamworld Quest - RPG Fantasy Card Game

Has there been a good card-combat based RPG since Baten Kaitos?

Image and Form has been pretty consistent, and the art looks real nice, so I imagine I’ll get this eventually.

0 Likes

DND 4th Edition?

0 Likes

Card Hunter was pretty cool.

0 Likes

Second Card Hunter. One of the best games of that year. I had hoped they would release a Steam version at some point.

Oh, shit, they did!

0 Likes

I’ll buy any Steamworld game, no questions asked, but this looks especially cool!

0 Likes

I need this, like right now.

0 Likes

Yes, this looks fantastic.

0 Likes

I just learned there was a Steamworld Tower Defense game for the original DS. Still purchasable via the 3DS eshop. WTF how did I miss that??

0 Likes

Whoa. They’ve really come a long way when you think about it. That DSi game came out in 2010.

0 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Also, man, Baten Kaitos was cool as fuck. Gamecube had some weird, but awesome shit on it.

0 Likes

I knew somebody would get my sick burn. Pathfinder 4 lyfe. Also 5th edition is fine too.

0 Likes

I mean I’m pretty hardcore aboard the Fate and Apocalypse World train now and more or less doing my best to leave d20 behind me. . . though I did just get conscripted to help run the winter Mutants & Masterminds campaign for Raleigh Tabletop RPGs, and that’s basically just someone’s weird fever dream about how 3.5 should have been designed. . .

0 Likes

Oh, I had forgotten about this, but IGN just posted a preview based on an hour long demo are making the rounds. It sounds like it’s going to be amazing!

And I haven’t watched it yet, but I looked up on YouTube and found some gameplay:

Enjoy!

0 Likes

And another (which turns out to be audio only…)

0 Likes

I forgot about this game too. With this reminder, I’m currently sitting in the Day 1 camp.

0 Likes

I just liked this image headlining another preview that just popped up (Game Informer).

(I didn’t read it, I assume it’s about the same as the others, but for those that want to check it out here is the link)

0 Likes

I won’t read any preview, in fear of spoiling anything about that awfully sexy thing, so thanks for reposting the pretty pictures :D

0 Likes

0 Likes

You know it’s a good game when they’re using punch card technology.

0 Likes

Release date revealed - 4/25 on the Switch!

0 Likes