Steamy lunar sale 2020

It’s a token thing again.

We’ve got a discount coupon that can be bought twice.
Pig in a blanket is back with a rat friend

The site is working surprisingly well!

This time I’m getting Field of Glory Empires.

I wish there was at least a bit of a discount for Trials of Fire. I am soooo kicking myself for not getting it during the Thanksgiving sale.

Meh. I wish they would get away from this token thing they’re so in love with. Especially since:

1. At a glance, prices seem identical to the Fall and Winter sales
  2. Following the first point, I already bought most of what I was interested in at these price points. I’m not spending another $50 just to then save $5 on my next purchase in the next 4 days.
  3. Putting a $5 value on 5000 tokens makes the other rewards seem overpriced - though I admit I’m probably not the target demographic. Instead of FOMO I get annoyed.

They should also let you keep left over tokens from the last sale. Daft system.

If you want anything from the sale, remember that funding your Steam wallet gives you tokens just the same as making purchases, so you can put $50 in your wallet, buy the coupon, then buy whatever game you were going to using those wallet funds while applying the coupon (rather than needing to make multiple game purchases to take advantage of the deal). If you’re ever going to use any leftover wallet funds at a later date, it’s worth considering.

Do we know whether this applies to applying gift cards on your account?

The time limited items thing is really dumb too. One of the advantages Steam has over competing platforms is the accumulation of secondary account value in various trinkets and gimmicks that somebody always seems to want on the market. Lately they seem determined to remove that advantage for some reason.

Amen, brother. First game I checked when I saw the sale was on. Grrrr.

I liked Epic’s $10 voucher system.

That was definitely more generous. I prefer steam as a whole, but epic does have good deals at times.

Not as good a deal, but at GreenManGaming you can use the coupon upcoming18 to get it for 13.11

Go see that Rime is on sale for 90% off. That seems like a pretty good deal. Not sure if it was that price for the Christmas sale.

This one?

Shows 25% off for me?

Yep, it popped up later. I posted it in the bargain thread and forgot to put it here too. Thanks!

No worries, Steam being Steam lol.

Looks interesting, will check it out.

What I do not get, is that they let you buy things like backgrounds, icons, etc… but they are only good for a few months. I personally like the lantern background, but why spend tokens on it when it is just temporary.

Holy crap you guys all the Kohan games for $3.

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/11141/

First RTS I ever played. Great memories. Thanks for the heads up.

May not matter but they are single player only…Kohan II at least.