Stellaris grand strategy space game by Paradox discussy thingy thready thingy

I don’t really have time to play anyway, but I have the same feeling.

The expansion is far enough away, it usually wouldn’t be enough to deter me. But the fact that this expansion address THE major complaint I have about the game (and it’s a big one)… yeah, I’m not firing this up until Apocalypse comes out. I have zero interest in playing the current version compared to what is coming down the pipe.

Here’s to hoping it’s not more than a couple months away.

I have no problems with Goths from Outer Space. In fact, if I were to ever form a band, that would be such an awesome name.

Do you mean like this

but with the motorik beat a bit more salient?

Could “destroy x planets” or "exterminate x population " also form victory conditions?

Maybe destroy all other home worlds?

Owning x% (I can never remember the amount) of the habitable planets in the galaxy is the victory condition you’ll trigger every time in my experience, so I imagine destroying habitable planets will decrease the number you need to control. I don’t think they’ll do anything as straight-forward as “you win if you explode 30 planets”. The victory condition is pretty much set as - even if the entire galaxy united against you, your triumph is inevitable, so here’s a pop-up, enjoy!

Edicts, Campaigns and Ambitions

Empire-wide edicts look extremely powerful. It would be interesting to decide whether you really need to expand into those systems right now, or get a +20% mineral boost for a while? I’m concerned about scaling for the energy-using version though.

There’s also this from Martin:

It can’t be a release date announcement already, can it?

I would almost disappointed if the “You’re going to want to watch” is about a release date only. I mean, I will find out soon enough without watching, I’d assume. On the other hand, I don’t know what it could be other than a release date. Some big feature? A new crisis?

Well, looks like it was just a trailer and the release date: February 22.

Feb 22nd is much sooner than I had anticipated, holy cow. Are they going to beat HOI4’s Waking the Tiger out the gate?!

I’m thinking maybe both at the same time?

My body is ready!

I’ll be ready once I figure out how to go without sleep.

The trailer is pretty good.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-103-civic-ascension-perks-changes-and-additions.1067730/

Only a few weeks!

for a new player to buy this game now is silly…this is a dead game till 2.0 launches…the sales must be in the toilet …ergo, the sooner 2.0 releases, the better and paradox knows this

It has a “Very Positive” rating on Steam and 1.56 million owners, compared to 941,000 for HOI4. I don’t see any indication that their sales would be in the toilet.

Certainly for me, I have no desire to start a new game until 2.0. I don’t know if a prospective new player would have the same point of view, or even know enough to realize the scale of the changes.

Game to me tend to fall into two categories: ones that I am obsessing about and buy on release and ones that I pick up a brief recommend or gut feeling during a sale.