Stellaris grand strategy space game by Paradox discussy thingy thready thingy

That’s pretty funny. Also fairly accurate :)

You can no longer pass a law allowing the enslavement of aliens before you have confirmed the existence of aliens. I know you’re excited, but let’s see what’s out there first.

Hilarious

They need to release the damn patch. It’s locked and loaded, but why make everyone wait another day???

I’m also annoyed we can’t purchase the DLC yet. Why make us wait until it’s out to buy it? Not a big deal, but it would be nice to not have to deal with it when the patch goes live, either.

You can preorder it from the Paradox store.

Maybe they save this time for some extra QA testing?

I have Steam credit, so I want to buy it in Steam.

Pretty sure this is a Steam thing rather than a Paradox thing. They don’t let you pre-order DLC ever as far as I am aware.

No, Amplitude had the Endless Legend DLC/expansion up for pre-order.

Fair enough.

I was able to pre-order the Warhammer DLC as well. It’s kind of hit and miss lately - it was once that DLC was not something you could readily pre-order, but lately that’s changed. Just kind of annoying is all. I can obviously just buy it at lunch when I get home, but the idea that when I get home for lunch it’s already installed is kind of cool.

Patch is live now.

It’s a Paradox thing, actually. Since they have their own store, I think the purpose is to get what pre-orders they can from their hardcore fans on their own site (where they don’t have to split the revenue with Valve). There’s been times where it’s been a minor inconvenience to me, but overall I don’t mind, I just buy it on release date. Their games are relatively small and download in just a minute or two.

Thanks for being the third person to correct me.

Now to figure out how to construct some kind of time loop so I can play it this weekend.

Well, that solved all my problems. I picked up the DLC from work and I should have it all ready to roll to play a little at lunch! Has anyone had a chance to try it yet?

So touchy!

So the new clustering of the alien life forms around home bases has really opened up the map. There aren’t a million hostiles everywhere that will devour a science ship that you take your eye off of. Really like the flow now a lot better. You can focus on surveying and finding habitable worlds or resource rich systems. Still bump into the odd aliens but it feels a lot more serious since they are not spammed all over the map. Found my first leviathan and enclave. So far so good.

I played a bit last night and I’m enjoying it. Fewer habitable planets definitely gives a different feel. I’m going to pay a pretty penny in influence to try to grab a cluster of continental worlds a good distance away before the local space-age civ gets its act together.

I agree with Vic that the concentration of alien life is pretty nice. Though I still lost a science ship when some hunter-kill space amoebas followed them to the system they were surveying.

I lost a science ship last night with a 5 star leader on an anomaly where I swear the failure chance was 1%…might have been 7% and I misread it but it was low. I’m playing Iron Man so I just kept going. It’s part of my new effort to never reload on any strategy games unless it is to avoid a bug or something like that.

I had to make a choice with no clue as to what the results might be when I encountered my first leviathan. If I hadn’t been playing iron man I might have reloaded just to see what each of the outcomes are. In the end I think I will be happier with sticking to the new iron man philosophy.