Stellaris grand strategy space game by Paradox discussy thingy thready thingy

OTOH, no reply on why the AI doesn’t build Starbase modules, but it might be the same thing.

Fixed in the 2.0.4 BETA update:

If the bug you had was just the graphics, or the AI then the first iteration of 2.0.4 is fine.

My game started under 2.0.3 is not fixed under 2.0.4, and one issue isn’t helped by rolling back to 2.0.2.

I’m not going to start more saves until 2.0.4 looks a little more robust, but I play on Ironman, so it is easy for me to get stuck in a bugged save.

Finally! A lot of people have been asking for the map to open up as you explore. No more immediately knowing where the choke points are. Might jump back in when this comes out seeing as 2.0.* has been one big beta.

Yep, looks like they’re ramping up the Exploration and discovery content in the next immersion pack.

The way Paradox goes about it means we’re waiting literal years to get the AI updates we need. While it’s just normal job work for them, for players who need competent AI it’s like waiting for the wheels to arrive for your car. I know bad analogy. ;)

I’ve been playing with a combination of the Glavius AI Mod and the Enhanced AI mod on Commodore lately. This is proving to be something of a challenge.

That’s great to hear. I’ll be sure to snag those mods.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully later this week I’ll get a chance to play.

Oh my bad, I could’ve linked to them much earlier. smacks forehead

For my part, I wouldn’t have trouble finding them (though it’s nice to post links). I just appreciated the hands-on feedback.

So if I:

• declare war on another empire
  • make claim on all his systems
  • easily destroy all his fleet and conquer his planets
  • and then watch both our war scores sloooowly creep up (over 13+ years) but he does not surrender and I can’t get him to accept

Does that mean I made too many claims? IE should I break out my claims over 2+ wars?

Is the target empire part of a federation? Or maybe in an alliance? There are supposed to surrender if they are completely occupied and have no allies in the war.

Not necessarily, depending on which recent patch you are on, there is something wonky (again) with warscore calculations. From what I have read, it isn’t factoring in planet occupation.

Once the other guy hits 100, you can usually force it to end in a “white peace” where you keep everything you have claimed and have occupied at that point.

Hopefully they start having some automated tests at some point.

Really, where’s the fun in that? ;)

And I thought QT3 was full of grognards!
White peace means there are no gains for anyone… which I think would still be useful in the game instead of having to trade systems to end the war.

I thought it was everything you’ve occupied? Claims are irrelevant for the status quo peace.

If you occupy something you haven’t claimed, it reverts at the status quo. That I know.

I think I’ve tried this on 2.02 and 2.04beta and I couldn’t get these jerks to capitulate. Maybe I’ll just hold off until a new patch is released.