Stellaris grand strategy space game by Paradox discussy thingy thready thingy

For anyone else interested here’s a 20+part lets play of the current version of the game with someone’s idea of the worst race on the hardest difficulty.

So when I re-examined my old save, I realized I had missed invading one of his inhabited worlds. So this was a Scott error, not a game error.

After I won the war I decided to exterminate all their population and the entire galaxy hates me. Oooops!

Distant Stars, with 50% more anomalies to detect.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-113-new-anomalies-systems-and-leviathans.1095021/

Never quite 100%

That’s funny but it misses the fact that with every new release it moves backwards a bit until they’ve patched it to move it forward

Got round to this, quite enjoying it. Does anyone know how to conquer enemy systems, rather than planets? I made a claim on it as my war goal, and have cleared it of opposition… how do I get anyone to notice :/

You’ll take ownership when you sue for peace and end the war. If you end with a status quo, systems under control of opposing forces will remain under their control.

Just tried that Gravius AI mod and got smashed. Granted I’m rusty with the game, but it was impressive to see the AI get that aggressive and bury me with superior fleet power. I thought I had him stalemated pretty well at one of his starbases until his second fleet showed up and mopped the floor with me.

Despite my learning while playing, I’m kicking butt in my current game and am gonna install some of the AI mods (and bump up the difficulty level too) in my next play.

I do notice the AI has pretty dumb tactics during war and I’m guessing nothing will change that. Like always bringing troop carriers into combat situations, where they get easily destroyed by my fleets.

My guess on that one is that it’s the best fix to stop player exploits. Otherwise you could keep a fast fleet flitting about to intercept the transports following along behind and prevent them ever reaching your worlds…
As it stands, if they’re going to win the fleet battle the transports should survive, if they’re going to lose it the transports didn’t matter much anyway.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-114-space-creatures-strategic-resources-and-experimental-subspace-navigation.1096931/

So Synthetic is 33% off, Leviathans and Utopia (plus a few others) are 50% off. Do you think there will be bigger discounts in the Summer Sale?

I ‘finished’ a long game and this always happens to me: I can’t get into a new game. I think because I go from a huge empire to 1 star leaves me burnt out.

Not anymore, and Synthetic only after the next DLC. Some (legit) stores can have a couple more percent off now and then due to currency exchanges, though.

I wouldn’t expect a summer sale to be significantly better.

GMG with their sale and extra 22% off voucher is probably as good as we will see this summer.

New story pack. May 22.

This looks like my thing and its out in three days! Not bad!

This is already being met with a resounding REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee from the I Hate Change crowd, but looks like planetary tiles are getting their well-deserved extermination.

But what about the bonuses for building on a tile next to a similar tile?

Or am I thinking about a different hex tile game. D:

This might have been answered in one of the other 4319 posts in this thread, but I haven’t read them all, and I’m not sure I can get through them all anytime soon, so I’ll ask anyway:

Have the endgame problems the game suffered from at launch been addressed in any patches? I own the base game, but stopped playing about a week after I purchased it, noting many of the same issues brought up in a review posted on the world wide web by video game reviewer, Tom Chick. I’m interested in re-installing if such fixes aren’t limited to expansion content.