So, this is a phone/tablet game for 3 bucks on iOS and android. By Cartoon Network games… and it has eaten my entire memorial day weekend. Kicking Witcher 3 to the curb!
Anyone else playing this game?
Some awesome stuff.
- I have never seen the show outside of catching the ends of episodes etc when browsing, but this game requires no prior show knowledge.
- There are no in game purchases. 3 dollars for the full game.
- I can’t stress 2 enough. No money treadmill, just a game.
- This thing is deep, played about 7 hours this weekend, and about half full.
- The JRPG-esque combat system is very deep. Deals with action points that tick over each round of combat (save up some to gain enough for power moves)
- The touch combat has dodging mechanics not unlike Paper Mario (tap to dodge attacks) that is very responsive and satisfying.
- Leveling mechanic is solid, backtracking to previous areas to open new parts of the map is metroid esque.
TLDR: The excellent Cartoon Network games studio produced a 15+ hour JRPG lite phone game that is deeper tactically than it should be, and chock full of excellent art design and personality.
Loving this. Thought I should pass it along.