Stormcloud: New Project Note

Good ideas! Perhaps I may add a “best adventuring party” internet posting scoreboard too to measure the best managers.

Areas of control are primarily managerial ones for now: assigning a good balance of stats in the party (each adventurer will have 8-10 different stats that measure their abilities, which you can train them further as well with your cash), making decisions at key points, and getting together as much loot as you can, while keeping your people happy and paid and yourself in the black.

Like any “sports sim” genre game, there isn’t really an end per se, unless you go into the red at the end of a game year, which the game will end. Maybe I could add a mode where it would end at a certain cash point and you would “win”.

The great thing about this whole project and its implementation is you’ll be able to suggest ideas and changes, and actually have a chance of them being added as the game is being made, not in patches as an afterthought. We have a group of people gathering on our pre-order board already, introducing themselves and getting ready to gear up for brainstorming.

PS fixed the long URLs to just point to my website, which has the purchase buttons on it now.

Derek
Stormcloud Creations

Yup – this is me and Derek Smart, back in the good old days:

I like every part of this idea. Good goin’.

Thanks! Feel free to get in on it: :D
http://www.stormcloudcreations.com/arcproject.htm

Derek
Stormcloud Creations

Update: Sales have gone up quite a bit now and the project is picking up traction, with a few sites interested in reporting on it. Just thought i’d let everyone know I wasn’t just blowing hot air with the project. It looks like its gonna happen. :)

Derek
Stormcloud Creations

So how exactly are you doing this? The people who purchase using the link you’ve given are more of investors in making the project happen, or what? Are you taking these purchases before starting production as a way of funding development? If so it’s an odd approach, but if it’s working and people are paying (which is made even crazier by the fact that no screenshots are available yet), more power to you.

Correct in the funding approach, but it isn’t that odd anymore (Mount and Blade actually uses a very similar approach). As far as graphics, I plan on it being good enough to make Voyager look ugly. It will use the same artist that did that game’s graphics/interface, as a benchmark. :)

Derek
Stormcloud Creations