Streaming, podcasting, or writing something cool? Bump this thread with a link!

The winner of this week’s Request Wednesday is My Summer Car. Which is going to make for an, uh, interesting livestream. And by “interesting” I kind of mean the opposite of interesting. Yikes.

-Tom

In fairness, it is a documentary about Finland, so there’s a limit to how interesting it can get.

I just published “Mass Effect: Andromeda, Colonialism and Migration”.

Just some thoughts on the ME:A story and how it is a missed opportunity to tackle the issue of refugees and migration.

Now livestreaming Halo Wars* with @Jason_McMaster.

* The Definitive Edition, in case you were wondering. No non-definitive Halo Wars for me!

Harkonis is streaming this crazy Cloud Pirates game

Hey friends, welcome to another week of spacey gaming! This week I’m low on time, unfortunately, so I only had time to cover one game, this week’s Game of the week, Flatspace IIk. This is actually the third in the Flatspace series, and it just hit Steam, so now is a perfect time to dive into this really fun, varied and vibrant space exploration, tading and combat game.

For this week’s podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Beam, Hitbox), we’ll be discussing, by request, why TIE Fighter and Freespace 2 are still the kings of the hill in terms of space dogfighting.

On Thursday’s newly rechristened LAN Party Thursdays (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Beam, Hitbox), we’ll be playing, also by request, the best of the Worms series, Worms Armageddon!

Finally, this Sunday is our next Monthly MMO Meetup (Sunday, 9:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Beam, Hitbox), and for the next three months, we’ll be goofing around with Discovery Freelancer! We should have our own server up and running by then, so details will be forthcoming!

Thanks y’all, as always!

Yeah, I love it as well. Because I like to see the Qt3 people’s stuff.

I will probably only update this with anything exciting I do. The Born in the Eighties podcast is weekly, i’ll inform folks of very special episodes here.

Also, we do a show called “The Amazon Expedition” that I will plug here.

This is a really great idea for a show, my friend Matt came up with. We basically find the weirdest shit on amazon we can find, and laugh about it. And then do a head to head battle like “Show me an item that you would use to survive a zombie apocalypse” and we try to sell our items to the host.

Really fun show to do, you can buy some really dumb stuff on Amazon.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE SIR.

yeah, it’s pretty fun. Wasn’t trying to ignore you guys. I use Restream to stream on youtube/twitch/hitbox/beam all at the same time and I only had twitch chat showing. I have since setup an app that shows me all the chats at the same time so that hopefully won’t happen again. I saw that you guys had been chatting well after you left :(

I use restream as well and had the same issue. That chat app works pretty
well

Restream is great, and while I also use their chat app, I’ve been trying to rustle folks to Discord so everyone can chat at the same place.

what!??!

My friend Matt runs the youtube account.

I am outraged as well.

So, hot tip for those who want to stream stuff on Youtube.

Live streams are not embeddable by default, and when they become archived VODs, that does not change, regardless of what settings you have on the account. Thanks for find that though.

Wait what? I didn’t know that at all.

Ohhh, it looks like if you already have it on in the advanced settings of the stream, it’ll stick with the archived version as well:

Ah, good to know.

I haven’t been writing lately, but on my recent trip to Italy riding in a car left enough of an impression on me that I had to resurrect my blog for a non-space post.

New Andromeda Stream!

Is that Space Pants thing an allusion to that super bizarre sketch on SNL with Peter Dinklage and Gwen Stefani?

Hmm, I wonder if Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 on the PC is as janky as it is on the PS4. Let’s find out:

hahahah no, but it is now!