Streaming, podcasting, or writing something cool? Bump this thread with a link!

Tonight at 5 est on my channel, I’m going to be talking to a Game Economist about loot box, micro transactions and F2P design; all those fun topics that gamers love to talk about.

What happens when you don’t post for a week or so? The news just PILES up, so this dispatch is freaking HUGE you guys. I hope you enjoy it and find it informative! Have a great weekend!

Hey Folks, i am going to be live-streaming on Twitch for the next few hours. I will be playing Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead with Pk’s Rebalancing mod and the Mxotto+ tileset. Let’s see if i can keep one of these poor apocalypse survivors alive for more than a day.

I put together some thoughts and impressions of the Pillars of Eternity 2 backer beta, for those curious but don’t want to drop the $20 to buy in.

BattleTech Saturday:

(Wolfenstein II part 7 is really good)

Friends, besides a TON of news, in today’s dispatch I talk about that I’m thankful for, gaming-wise, plus a ton of other fun gaming stuff. Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Going to be taking advantage of double xp in CoD. Bit of a shame most of the games I play are not doing well this season. Think I need to do some focus on Ghost War since it is woefully under-represented in the streaming right now.

At any rate, streaming on twitch for a holiday stream. mah stream!

Friends, it’s time for this month’s MMO Meetup at 9 AM Pacific, and we’ll be playing Star Wars Galaxies with the Legends mod, since it includes spaceshippy Jump to Lightspeed content!

Learn About the Game Here and Get Details on Installation Here:

Join the chat room here:

Watch live here:

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/spacegamejunkie
YouTube: https://gaming.youtube.com/spacegamejunkie/live
Mixer: https://mixer.com/spacegamejunkie

Welcome back to another week of spacey gaming my friends! This week I’ve got a bunch of stuff for you, starting with this week’s game of the week, Space Pirates and Zombies 2! I also have a video (albeit a bit stuttery because OBS is being weird) of Everspace Encounters, and tomorrow will have a video of War Tech Fighters. Hopefully I’ll have more for y’all later in the week if I have time. ;)

On this week’s podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), the podcast returns with a discussion of the sequel to the original Astrox, Astrox Imperium!

On Thursday’s LAN Party, (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll return to Tabletop Simulator wherein we’ll be playing the adaptation of Brass Empire!

Thanks for being awesome y’all!

Friends, there’s a LOT to catch up on in today’s dispatch, including a TON of news on new games, Kickstarters, patches and the like, this week’s videos, what I’ve been playing and more. Please check it out, and thanks for reading!

Here’s my latest column for Unwinnable

Daaaammmmnn, gotta appreciate a game that will go “there”. Great article.

Hey cool, never heard of Unwinnable, have to go back through your articles.

Friends, we just had a great podcast with the developer of Astrox Imperium, but there’s also a contest wherein you can win a copy of the game, so I thought I’d share it. Good luck!

So my project earlier this year at work turned into a paper that was presented today at the Future Technologies Conference in Vancouver.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6riLxf95QL2U3E4YW5oend1TWNWRUt4M3VqR3k4aldRbDc4/view

What we did was kind of an amazing discovery for us. The conventional smarts of a swarm intelligence now has stacks of evidence to support it, and not just from the company I work for. But what we did was to show that an artificial swarm intelligence has more social intelligence than an individual member of that swarm…and even more than a “wisdom of the crowds” response generated by the group.

The implication is so cool. It says that we can make an AI that is socially smart and aware and able to have empathy and a morality…but at its core, it is an AI that requires and values human beings. Which is kinda why we do what we do…as a species, we’re closing in on an evolutionary bottleneck (we’ve hit those before) and need to make a leap. We’d like to contribute to that.

Also, my name is on the paper, so I got that goin’ for me. ;)