Streaming, podcasting, or writing something cool? Bump this thread with a link!

On my way !

Welcome to another week of spacey gaming, my friends! This week, I’ll try my hand at the 1995 game of tactical starfighter combat – which you can still buy today – called Critical Mass! It’s a very, very challenging game, as you’ll see by my many, many losses.

For this week’s Podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be talking to the developer of the multiplayer bridge sim, Starship Horizons Bridge Simulator, and playing it as well!

For Thursday’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be returning to Pandora in Borderlands 2!

Finally, we’ve decided this quarter’s MMO for our Monthly MMO meetups will be EVE Online, which you can now play for free! Join us at 9 AM on Sunday, 1/28/18 for all the fun!

Thanks for being awesome y’all!

Friends, today’s dispatch has some videos, a lot of gaming musings, and a ton of news. I hope y’all enjoy it.

I’m learning to play Thea the Awakening for those curious about the game:

Starting a series for ‘Slay the Spire’, a new rogue-like deckbuilder in Early Access on Steam. Great fun.

Hello my friends, and welcome to a new week of spacey gaming! This week’s game of the week is a favorite of mine, a pinnacle of the genre, and still one of the finest games of its type. I’m talking about the one, the only, Wing Commander: Privateer. No, there was never a sequel. ;)

On the Podcast this week (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), the topic is “Can You Go Back Again?”, in which we’ll each play some of the games from when we were twenty and talk about our memories of them, and whether they hold up.

On the LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be returning to the surprising and delightful Geneshift to see their new progression changes.

Finally, on the first MMO Meetup of this quarter (Sunday, 9:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be tooling around in the game you either love or hate, EVE Online! Head over to our forum for all the details.

Thanks for being awesome everyone!

You know Brian, I gotta say I only rarely have the time to listen to your podcast or watch your videos these days (or anybody’s really, that’s not about you) but I appreciate you’re out there making content and I respect your diligence and consistency.

Thanks so much! It’s a lot of work, but it gives me an incalculable amount of joy, so it’s worth it. :) Don’t feel bad, I barely have time to watch other folks’ videos either. ;)

Is this the thread where we come in and say that Brian is awesome?

I don’t see it in the title! SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS IN THE TITLE WE’RE SUPPOSED TO BE IN HERE PRAISING BRIAN!

Because I want to get in on that. Brian’s awesome! :)

Awww, thank you so much! :)

If only it had one with Clive Owen and Mathilda May in it…

(BTW, I liked Privateer 2 quite a bit, but I’ll admit I’m in the minority here)

No, it never had a sequel.

I put up a Warhammer 2 Tomb Kings video taking a look at the first few turns with one of the sub-factions. Enjoy.

Destiny 2 - The Farm (piano cover)

Horizon Zero Dawn - Main Theme (piano)

Hmmm time to get the piano tuned. That upper register is starting to sound pretty off.

Hey, that’s really cool! As someone who can’t play music, I wish more of you who could play music would post videos of yourself playing music. Thanks for those, @ARogan!

-Tom

I might just do that soon. ;)

Continuing Crusader Kings 2 / Warhammer Geheimnisnacht Mod / Dwarf Kingdom :

Geheimnisnacht*… sounds so mysterious.

*lit. “Night of Secrets”