Streaming, podcasting, or writing something cool? Bump this thread with a link!

In BattleTech Saturday-on-a-Sunday/Monday news, we’ve come to the Battle of Tukayyid in the timeline. Our mercenaries obviously don’t take part in the real battle, but for fun, I set up one of the scenarios from the Tukayyid sourcebook with our mechs in place of the Com Guards.

(I wonder if there’s a way to get the metadata plugin to ignore headings…)

Hey friends, welcome to another week of spacey gaming! This week’s game of the week is the exploration-focused game of survival and resource management, Star Explorers! I hope to make some more videos too, time and energy permitting, so please stay tuned to the YouTube channel for those. :)

For this week’s Podcast(Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be talking to the folks behind the currently-in-development space strategy game, Age of Space.

This week, for our Thursday LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll take a small break from our board gaming extravaganza to bust up some %&#! on Pandora in Borderlands 2!

Thanks for being awesome y’all!

Friends, it’s been a while since I wrote a dispatch, so there’s a TON to catch up on. Several videos, lots of gaming talk, and a TON of space game news and deals. Check it out, and thanks for reading. :)

Hello my friends, and welcome to a new week of spacey gaming! This week we’re back to the Wing Commander series with one of the series’ red-headed stepchildren, the oddly-empty and product-of-its-time, Wing Commander: Academy! I was planning on recording other games, but WCA just sapped all my will to be creative. I’m a very different gamer than I was in 1993. :/

For this week’s podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll dive into this current space game resurgence, what we feel started it, how it’s going, and how we think it’ll wind down to an end.

For this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), our board game extravaganza continues with the civilization-builder, Through the Ages!

Finally, forces beyond my control have forced me to cancel this month’s MMO meetup. The pause has led me to think on these meetups, how they’re going, and how they could be improved. I’d love to hear your thoughts, if you have a moment, so please head over to our forums and let me know what y’all think.

Hey that’s awesome! The Home Theater Forum was the first Internet forum I ever joined. I can’t remember the last time I posted there and I don’t even get around to read much but I’ve always loved that place for being full of amazing information.

Cool thanks! Cmon back! I just posted our look at The Patriot:

Hey folks, I usually stream tonight but my internet connections is going nuts in the hurricane/tropical depression. Sorry :(

Welcome to another week of spacey gaming, my friends! We’re back on the horse after a week off to cover one of the best games of 2018 so far. It’s the spiritual successor to the amazing Descent series, made by the folks who worked on both the Descent and my beloved Freespace series! I’m talking Overload, my friends, which is a fun, fast, and exhausting romp through amazingly-designed levels.

On this week’s Podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be revisiting the topic of DLC, looking at it through the lenses of how it can help both new and old games, and how it’s changed since last we discussed it a couple of years ago.

Finally, on the LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), it’s up in the air right now due to…stuff. Something will be streamed, just dunno what yet.

Hey folks, I’ll be playing Vampyr every night this week at variable times. I’ll be starting around 5-:30 Central time tonight and regular streaming times the rest of the week. You can follow me at

and also at

and my replays at

https://www.youtube.com/jasonmcmaster

I am guessing that means it is good. ;)

Going live on Youtube in just over an hour with some Judgment: Apocalypse Survival Simulator. It’s a blind playthrough (other than 20 minutes i spent getting a basic handle on the interace) so be aware!

@Jason_McMaster , herder of kittens , is streaming Raft tonight!

I have my first official Twitch Emoticon:

georgiaTwitch

My kitten Georgia. I need to do a Henry one too

Truly on the cutting edge of cat-enhanced streaming technology.

That’s excellent, Jason.

Hey friends, and welcome to another week of spacey gaming! This week, for our game of the week, we continue our look at the Wing Commander series with the intriguing but ultimately forgettable Wing Commander: Armada. I also have a video looking at the currently-in-alpha MMO Starfighter: Infinity, which is just absolutely fantastic.

Speaking of Starfighter: Infinity, our podcast this week (Tuesday, 6:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer) is a morning show so we can talk to the developer of the game, who lives in the UK!

For this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we return with our monthly muck-'em-up in Borderlands 2! As of this entry, we’ve been doing this for a year! Wow!

Finally folks, this Summer is looking to be a really busy one for us, so there will be sporadic breaks in our usual schedule. For example, there will be no podcast next Tuesday as I’ll be at a concert! You can keep up with the schedule at our always-updated calendar! Thanks for being awesome y’all, and have a great week!

Sort of forgot about this thread, but I wrote some words about Age of Empires a few weeks ago.

Hello, my friends, and welcome to a new week of spacey gaming! This week, we look at the (very sadly) last full, commercial product in the Wing Commander series, the much-loved Wing Commander: Prophecy. It’s a shame this is the last one in the series, because it sets up so much, and Secret Ops doesn’t really take it a lot further, sadly. It’s new VISION flight engine is also WAY better than any of the previous games. Next week we’ll be finishing the Wing Commander series with the aforementioned Secret Ops!

This week on the Podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), by request, we’ll be talking about DLC, how if affects new players to long-running games, and how it’s changed just in the last few years.

On Thursday’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be giving the batcrap giant alien bug shooter thing, EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair, a whirl!

Hello my friends, and welcome to a slightly lighter-than-usual week of spacey gaming! This week’s game wraps up our look at the Wing Commander series with its final game, Wing Commander: Secret Ops. It’s a real shame that the series stopped here, because it deserved a far better finale than this free, downloadable product was capable of providing. It just shows how…ultimately unimaginative the actual gameplay in Wing Commander games can be once you take out the story bits.

There is no podcast this week because I won’t be able to attend, but NEXT week we’ll have the CEO of the influencer-focused digital distribution platform Woovit on to talk about getting games to the right creators.

Finally, on this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be toying with the fantastic, free and fabulous Total Annihilation-inspired RTS, Zero-K. Since the game is free, you’re more than welcome to join us if you’d like!

I dunno whether this goes here or somewhere else, but I found it interesting.