Streaming, podcasting, or writing something cool? Bump this thread with a link!

Welcome to another week of fun, spacey gaming my friends. It’s another one-off week, so we start with a preview of the upcoming turn-based tactical combat game, In Memory of Titan. I’ll also have videos of Lonely Astronaut, Starfighter Neon and Aeroplanoui later in the week, and we’ll end the week with a really funny non-space game. ;)

This week on the Podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), our co-host wonders, “Why catering to all of gaming as one market is bad for all gamers.” So we’ll be talking about that and probably a ton of other stuff.

For this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’re starting our second long-play series with our new obsession, Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair, which should be hilarious.

Final note, next week I’m going on vacation for our first anniversary, so the channel will be dark for the week. No videos, podcast or LAN party. We’ll be back in two weeks with War Tech Fighters, among other things. ;) Be sure to check the calendar to see all the stuff coming up! :) Thanks y’all!

Hey friends, welcome to another week of spacey gaming. I’m back from vacation with an exceptional game! If you played Strike Suit Zero and thought it was lacking, you will LOVE the fun, fast, violent and, at times, hilariously great space mecha game, War Tech Fighters! I also hope I’ll have time for some more videos later this week, so stay tuned to the YouTubes. ;)

On this week’s podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), I am super silly excited to have on the man who basically created one of my all-time favorite games. We’ll be talking to Scott Brown, the brains behind the classic MMO Jumpgate!

Finally, on this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll start an entire month of Borderlands 2 because we wanna blow through the content. ;)

Thanks for being awesome y’all!

We Happy Few

Here’s me talking about music on a podcast someone invited me to…I KNOW…contain your excitement…

Welcome to another week of (mostly) spacey gaming, my friends! This week we go way back to 1986 to play the Amiga version of the first-person sci-fi combat flight sim, Starglider, which is insane in its difficulty (spoiler: I never pass level one). I hope to put out some more videos this week if I have time/energy, so stay tuned to the channel for more.

On the podcast this week (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll talk about why we keep chasing that dragon with new games all the time.

On Thursday’s LAN party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll continue our assault on Dragon Keep with Borderlands 2!

Finally, this weekend (Saturday, 9:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), I’ll be gathering with some other fans of the fantastic Greatest Generation podcast to futz around in Star Trek: Bridge Crew!

Thanks for being awesome y’all!

@Ultrazen that was an enjoyable listen.

Hey, can I drop a little something here?

I made this little game using Bitsy (an online toolset for making simple story games). It was for a Bitsy game jam where the theme was “Archaeology.” I’ve been sitting on it for awhile because I had a bunch of improvements I wanted to make, but I think I finally have to admit I probably won’t be doing them.

The game takes a few minutes to play and it’s about going to Mars and digging stuff up.

Please play it and let me know what you think!

Congrats on making a game!

I recently wrote a guide to saving money buying games - especially with multiple gamers in a household. The first of three parts is now up!

Friends, I’m trying to get back on the blogging train by making the actual process of blogging as simple/efficient as possible, so please enjoy the first of what I hope are many new daily dispatches.

I forgot to link them here, but before I left for holidays (etc.), I wrote longer, more in-depth pieces on all of the mainline Sands of Time (and later) Prince of Persia games. So many words, I had to split the article into two parts…

Since this was written for Ancient World Magazine, it focuses a bit more on the cultural/historical/archaeological aspects of the games.

Thanks for the hosting, you are responsible for 25% of my viewers in the last month. :) Appreciate it.

Awesome! I’m happy to host and love me some vermintide

Welcome to another week of spacey gaming, my friends, and boy, do we have a lot for y’all. First up, this week’s game of the week is the insane shooter adventure game thing from 1988, Starglider 2, which is almost as confusing an obtuse as its predecessor. I also have several other videos for you this week, starting with a look at Landinar: Into the Void. Coming up later this week, I’ll have vids of Galactic Dominion, Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story, AstroViking and, to close out the week, the triumphant return to TIE Fighter after being stuck on the same mission for, like, an entire year. Seriously. :)

On the podcast this week (Tuesday, 6:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be getting up super early in the morning to talk to the folks behind the aforementioned Landinar: Into the Void.

On Thursday’s LAN party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll continue our assault on Dragon Keep with our last entry Borderlands 2! Next month join us for our new long-play game, EDF 4.1!!

Finally, this weekend (Sunday, 9:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we had to reschedule our Star Trek: Bridge Crew! session, so join me as I gather with some other fans of the fantastic Greatest Generation podcast to make complete fools of ourselves on the bridge! ;)

Part Two of my guide to saving money buying games is now up!

Friends, there’s a lot of news in today’s dispatch. I hope y’all find it useful.

Friends, there is a ton of news in today’s dispatch. May you find it useful.

Welcome to another week of spacey gaming, my friends! I’m back on the horse with content this week, starting this this week’s game of the week. Empyrean Frontier is a mix of Conquest: Frontier Wars-style RTS with FTL-style sector jumping. It’s deep, it’s detailed, and it’s hard as heckfire. I also have a video up of Between the Stars, since we’re having the developer on the podcast tomorrow. Finally, tomorrow I’ll be putting up a video of the very Starflighty (in a good way) space adventure game, Starcom: Nexus. Sadly it has nothing to do with the amazing line of Starcom toys from the 80s.

On this week’s early-morning podcast (Tuesday, 6:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), as mentioned, we’ll be talking to the developer of Between the Stars, which is also about to launch a Kickstarter!

On Thursday’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll revisit the challenging co-op shooter (so much so I’ve been stuck on the same mission for ages now) AirMech Wastelands!

Finally, as a quick reminder, I’ve taken up writing daily digests again, so every Monday through Friday, visit the blog for the latest news, sales and more from the world of space gaming!

Thanks for being awesome everyone, and for letting me post these weekly updates!

The conclusion of the three part series I wrote on saving money buying games is live!

I did it! “What?” you ask. Only something that millions of other people (including Logan Paul) have done: I made a video!

This is the first of what I’m calling my “Indie Audition” videos–fairly short let’s plays of the early stages of an indie game, followed by my opinion on whether the game is good enough for me to keep playing.

My first victim is Don’t Sink, a piratey game of trying not to sink.

I’d love it if folks would take a look and give me some serious feedback. Critiques are great. (They’re even better if they come with some compliments!) Let me know if the format, length, and style are at all appealing. Do I sound like a muppet to you? A bullet list at the end… Is it the next big thing in let’s play videos??

Tell me what you think! Thanks!