Streaming, podcasting, or writing something cool? Bump this thread with a link!

We’re back folks, and welcome to another week of spacey gaming, my friends! We’re back from break with a new game of the week, and for the next two weeks, we’re gonna cover the fascinatingly deep yet slightly problematic space sim, 2000’s Terminus, by Vicarious Visions! I also have a video up today of the top-down space shooter Cycle 28 (which I called Cycle 27 in the video because it said that on the menu and I was tired from the DST switch) and another video tomorrow of Dominari Tournament (because that’s all I had the energy for this week).

This week on the Podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be talking and touring the massively multiplayer spaceship war game, MegaWars.

On Thursday’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be returning to Pandora for our monthly sojourn in Borderlands 2!

Finally, our next Monthly MMO Meetup is coming up (Sunday, 3/25/18, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), so if you’ve not joined us yet in EVE Online, load up an alpha clone and join our corp in Komaa!

Thanks for being awesome y’all!

Stationeers

Friends, in today’s dispatch, there are a lot of videos, a TON of news (like, seriously, dozens of news pieces) and plenty of gushing about my new obsession, Total War: Warhammer 2. ;) Thanks for reading!

Friends, a little while back, Netgear was nice enough to send me a gaming router and switch for review. Since I have little experience writing about hardware, the format of this review might be a little different than what you’re used to, but I hope you still enjoy it. :)

Kingdom Come

ECO

At 5pm Eastern (2pm Pacific) I’ll be going for a Hard Mode 2-island win with the Zenith Guard on INTO THE BREACH!

http://www.youtube.com/ponycarnival/live

Welcome back to another week of spacey gaming my friends! This week, we continue our look at the sadly forgotten yet fascinating space sim, Terminus. We’ll be diving into some more advanced gameplay as a mercenary and, later this week, as a pirate. The game is quite a bit different when you have to worry about your own fuel and ammo expenses, but offers a lot more freedom in ship choice and weapon layout than a military career. It’s so great.

This week on the podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be talking about the inconsistent and underrepresented capital ship in space games.

On Thursday’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), it’s board game night, and this week we’ll be trying out Colt Express!

Finally, this coming Sunday is our latest Monthly MMO Meetup (Sunday, 9:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), where we’ll likely do some wormholing in EVE Online as I just got a new stealth frigate! Yay! Join us on-stream or in-game! :)

Thanks for being awesome y’all!

I’ve said in the past I’m not usually much of a video-watcher on any subject, but this sounds sufficiently interesting that I may well have to go through and watch 'em.

Awesome, thank you!

Time for some more Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead with the ‘Drunk Master Mutant’ challenge!

Actually, on that topic, @tomchick any chance we could split this thread up and have a separate one for writing? I’d like to be able to follow new articles and blog posts that people put in this thread, but for every one that gets posted, there are several dozen video posts to filter through.

I wonder if a writing-only thread would wither too quickly? I don’t mind the idea of a separate thread, but the good thing about this one is that it stays bumped. If there are things you don’t care about or don’t like, you don’t have to click on them. But scrolling up, I can’t see any written pieces since Josho’s links three weeks ago. Which are much appreciated, but that would fall pretty far off the front page of posts.

But I see your point in that some of the video links feel spammy. If you’re not doing videos frequently, posting them here is certainly much appreciated. But if you’re streaming and posting regularly, Twitch and YouTube have their own tools for notification of followers. Maybe just post links to specific things you’ve put more work into, or do like Brian and write up occasional updates with a message about everything you’re doing? At a certain point, just linking everything you do without comment gets a little noisy and devalues the thread for everyone else.

-Tom

Hmm, you could be right about that. I’d be perfectly happy setting a writing-only thread to “tracking” and reading it when it pops up once every few weeks, but that only works if the people that write stuff remember it exists and go dig it up. Maybe there just isn’t enough critical mass.

Well, I don’t want to threadcop anyone who finds those notices useful, I just don’t really watch game video content.

I replace my stream notices with the videos they made, but if it’s an issue I can stop.

My only concern isn’t with videos being spammy, but with what I complained about last week in the forum improvements thread with Twitch embeds slowing down mobile browsers.

If you ever watch me on Twitch, please follow me at - https://www.twitch.tv/jvmcmaster - it will update you when I go online. I stream Tuesday and Thursday nights from 8PM Central Time - whenever, though I often start early.

Friends, it’s been a long time since I wrote a dispatch, so there are nearly 100 pieces of news to share with you. Plus videos and other stuff too, but wow, space game news. A LOT. Enjoy! :)

Saturday was BattleTech Saturday again, featuring our first clash with Clan Wolf.

Awesome stuff.