Streaming, podcasting, or writing something cool? Bump this thread with a link!

I forgot to link them here, but before I left for holidays (etc.), I wrote longer, more in-depth pieces on all of the mainline Sands of Time (and later) Prince of Persia games. So many words, I had to split the article into two parts…

Since this was written for Ancient World Magazine, it focuses a bit more on the cultural/historical/archaeological aspects of the games.

Thanks for the hosting, you are responsible for 25% of my viewers in the last month. :) Appreciate it.

Awesome! I’m happy to host and love me some vermintide

Welcome to another week of spacey gaming, my friends, and boy, do we have a lot for y’all. First up, this week’s game of the week is the insane shooter adventure game thing from 1988, Starglider 2, which is almost as confusing an obtuse as its predecessor. I also have several other videos for you this week, starting with a look at Landinar: Into the Void. Coming up later this week, I’ll have vids of Galactic Dominion, Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story, AstroViking and, to close out the week, the triumphant return to TIE Fighter after being stuck on the same mission for, like, an entire year. Seriously. :)

On the podcast this week (Tuesday, 6:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be getting up super early in the morning to talk to the folks behind the aforementioned Landinar: Into the Void.

On Thursday’s LAN party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll continue our assault on Dragon Keep with our last entry Borderlands 2! Next month join us for our new long-play game, EDF 4.1!!

Finally, this weekend (Sunday, 9:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we had to reschedule our Star Trek: Bridge Crew! session, so join me as I gather with some other fans of the fantastic Greatest Generation podcast to make complete fools of ourselves on the bridge! ;)

Part Two of my guide to saving money buying games is now up!

Friends, there’s a lot of news in today’s dispatch. I hope y’all find it useful.

Friends, there is a ton of news in today’s dispatch. May you find it useful.

Welcome to another week of spacey gaming, my friends! I’m back on the horse with content this week, starting this this week’s game of the week. Empyrean Frontier is a mix of Conquest: Frontier Wars-style RTS with FTL-style sector jumping. It’s deep, it’s detailed, and it’s hard as heckfire. I also have a video up of Between the Stars, since we’re having the developer on the podcast tomorrow. Finally, tomorrow I’ll be putting up a video of the very Starflighty (in a good way) space adventure game, Starcom: Nexus. Sadly it has nothing to do with the amazing line of Starcom toys from the 80s.

On this week’s early-morning podcast (Tuesday, 6:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), as mentioned, we’ll be talking to the developer of Between the Stars, which is also about to launch a Kickstarter!

On Thursday’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll revisit the challenging co-op shooter (so much so I’ve been stuck on the same mission for ages now) AirMech Wastelands!

Finally, as a quick reminder, I’ve taken up writing daily digests again, so every Monday through Friday, visit the blog for the latest news, sales and more from the world of space gaming!

Thanks for being awesome everyone, and for letting me post these weekly updates!

The conclusion of the three part series I wrote on saving money buying games is live!

I did it! “What?” you ask. Only something that millions of other people (including Logan Paul) have done: I made a video!

This is the first of what I’m calling my “Indie Audition” videos–fairly short let’s plays of the early stages of an indie game, followed by my opinion on whether the game is good enough for me to keep playing.

My first victim is Don’t Sink, a piratey game of trying not to sink.

I’d love it if folks would take a look and give me some serious feedback. Critiques are great. (They’re even better if they come with some compliments!) Let me know if the format, length, and style are at all appealing. Do I sound like a muppet to you? A bullet list at the end… Is it the next big thing in let’s play videos??

Tell me what you think! Thanks!

I have nothing to contribute, excepting it didn’t sound like a first video at all: I thought you were well articulated, you kept your video alive, there was no yells or mike blows, the sound balance between your voice and the game’s sounds was perfect for my ears, there was some talented acting almost worthy of the McMasterpiece Theatres, and you didn’t have any verbal tics!
(light video spoilers!)

I really enjoyed your notes at the end. Not only did it allow to compare them to the ones I mentally took watching you play the game, but I was especially delighted by how well argued some of those notes were — a far cry from the usual “ups and downs” approach.

The only complaint was the greeting to a kitten without the appropriate kitten camera, which was an excruciating teasing to me.

I was pleased to watch it, I came out knowing whether I would play or not the game, and I am looking forward to the next one.

Only thing I can think of is a “shortcut” or whatever the appropriate YouTube verbiage is to let people just jump straight to the Audition Notes. Some might appreciate hearing your comments without watching the entirety of the gameplay video (spoilers and whatnot).

I subscribed (first!) and look forward to more.

Hey folks., welcome to another week of spacey gaming. This week’s game of the week was SUPPOSED to be Federation of Free Traders, but that kept crashing so we’re onto plan B! Remember when Bethesda had the Star Trek license for a hot second? Not many folks do, because games like Star Trek: Legacy came out of that partnership. I take some time to play it this week, and come away super bored.

What WON’T be boring is this week’s podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer. This week we’re gonna sit down with one of the folks who worked on Starflight 1 and 2, in order to talk about the currently-crowdfunding third entry to the series. I am so, so, SO disgustingly excited about this.

On this Thursday’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, by request, we’ll be running amok in the amazing Descent-successor, Overload.

I hope we’ll see you at one of these streams, and thanks for being awesome y’all!

Nice! You’ve got another subscriber!

Yes, mental note, must not forget.

McMaster is streaming Monster Hunter World on Twitch, if anyone is interested.

@marquac are you coming along? I need to run incorrect assumptions of Canada by you.

So mean. :)

Friends, I try not to spam y’all with these daily digests, but there’s so much news in this one, I didn’t want y’all to miss it.

Thanks for the kind words and the subs for my YouTube video, guys! I’ll do my best to make it worth subscribing to!

Welcome to another week of spacey gaming, my friends, and we’ve a very busy week ahead! First up, our game of the week is the recently-released Star Control: Origins! Beyond this, we have a LOT of one-off videos coming up too! Today is the FPS/RTS mix Executive Assault 2, which is looking AMAZING. Coming up later this week will be videos covering Solar Explorer: New Dawn, Hyperspace Delivery Service, Cosmic Ray and Sector Six! Please subscribe to the YouTube channel to get alerts on these (or to help get me closer to 6,000 subscribers. I AM SO CLOSE!). ;)

On this week’s podcast (Tuesday, 6:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be getting up early in the morning to talk to the developer of the aforementioned Executive Assault 2!

Finally, on the LAN Party this week (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we return to the amazing insanity that is Earth Defense Force 4.1: Shadow of the New Despair!

Thanks for being awesome y’all!