Street Fighter 5 - Hundred hand slap

i paid for season 1 and 2 passes to get characters and they still want to nickel and dime me $50 for the rest of the stages.

You can get nearly all the stages with FM. Watch the demonstrations, do easy survival (medium if you can bear the slog), and do character stories. That gets you about 50k per character, enough for the stages. You also get those weekly stage or character story missions that do 5k (just google those and it will tell you how to do it , play CPU on easy and it will let you do it)

dan’s stage is a $10.99 CAD unlock without FM options though. thanks for the reminder i could unlock with FM though.

Dan’s stage? Which one is that?

I’ve got most of the stages (Skies of Destiny gives me vertigo) and I thought all of them were available through FM except the CFN promo stages. Certainly I’ve used fight Money for all of the ones I have.

More annoying for me is the whole premium costume thing and the absurd amount of FM required for colors.

Kanzuki Family Stadium as part of the Pro Tour $25 USD pass or $10.99 CAD separately.

Oh right. I bought the Pro Tour pass since I enjoy watching the CPT quite a lot. That stage is ok, though not my favorite since it’s so busy.

I’m curious though, what does that have to do with Dan?

New character revealed and she looks pretty sweet. Nice that we only have to wait 2 days to play her!

Don’t forget to login for a free 30,000 in fight money. Ends September 5th.

Soldiering on…

https://youtu.be/I6hAj-8GBiI

Are you interested in playing a few rounds together this weekend? I’m still not ready to dive in full-time, but the long holiday weekend has me itching to play.

I’m game for some SF5 this weekend. Wanna just tweet me when you’re free?

use your v-reversal more when your stun is high. Ryu’s V-trigger is pretty crap, and it’s a 2-bar trigger, so don’t be afraid to use those reversals.

Also when you’re at negative frames or neutral in-close, don’t try to throw out heavy buttons, stick to quicker attacks.

Thanks for the advice. I tend to forget about V-reversal. Would v-reversal have gotten me out of that jam when he started to press?

Any suggestions as to practicing V-reversal, of should I just try to keep if in mind?

I have been trying to use more lights, but sometimes (often) I forget to. I think part of that has to do with pretty limited match up knowledge on my part. I am still kinda guessing a bit as to what I can respond to with what.

Also at the 24 sec mark I tried to EXDP but it didn’t come out. This happens to me a lot. I do practice DPs so I’m wondering if it’s maybe a timing thing, or if it’s more likely just my execution is still not there?

(There’s a lot to remember in SF)

V-reversals aren’t effective vs jabs , and if someone predicts a V-reversal, especially grapples, they can grab you, but they can get you out of a lot of situations, and if it connects, you get some grey life damage so you can press.

V-reversal is just doing it in blockstun, nothing to practice, just remember to do it. V-reversals are less effective in high level play when folks prepare for them, but I think they’re necessary vs some chars (Laura especially- I hate fighting Laura so much)

With Birdie, if I know someone’s going to V-reversal a jump-in, I like to do jump light and then jab command grab. They lose V-meter, and I get the grab. Risky though.

If you failed to EXDP, that’s an execution error. DP inputs are the same as SF4 I believe.

Oh, for some reason I though V-reversals needed timing, but I just need that colander I call a brain to remember it’s an option. Good to know that aren’t effective against jabs though.

I’ll keep practicing. I feel like I loose a lot of ground to dropped combos and missed moves. Still, I do like popping on a podcast and spending time in training mode. It’s a bit like practice laps in Gran Turismo or time at the driving range. I like that sort of stuff.

I agree on Laura. No fun to play against. I’m not sure if it’s just my inexperience, but some of these characters just seem like it’s always their turn. I probably just need to learn the match ups better so I know where the openings are.

Thanks for the info!

Fun close match here, I was pretty pumped to win 2/3 against this Akuma. :)

https://youtu.be/AXVJmWxfRKo

I still can’t get over how tight the combo timing is. I feel like I need so much practice to do basic things! I went through the Skullgirls tutorial again and I was landing the most complicated combos in less than a minute.

My most reliable ones with Ken are the MK, HK, H.tatsu (thanks again for the tip) and the similar LP, b-MP, HP, H.tatsu. I guess I still need practice doing basic fireballs with a stick!

SF5 links have a 3frame buffer window, SFIV combos were massively harder. I can hit links semi-reliably in this game.

The essential Skullgirls combos are pretty damn hard due to the airdashing required.

With Ken, you’re not comboing fireballs for the most part outside of EX fireball (because EX fireball is safe on block but sometimes they aren’t blocking)

The combos I have a tough time doing in SF5 are the single light into special (this hurts me a good bit), and V-trigger combos while holding a button (at least there in most cases something else works)

Yeah I did a c-LK into light tatsu on one of my first tries and thought, “hey this is cool!” Then I couldn’t do it again for a few minutes.

I’m just fascinated by the timing. It puts beat 'em ups to shame.

@merryprankster you’re jumping in A LOT. It’s one of the worst habits you can develop in a fighting game. This opponent wasn’t punishing you for it, but a better player would see what you’re doing and sit back and completely shut you down with anti-airs. I had this problem too when I was starting to learn how to play Street Fighter. I recommend focusing on developing your ground game by challenging yourself to not jump AT ALL for the entire match. It takes some discipline, but it was one of the things that was easy to work on and significantly improved my play.