Street Fighter 5 - Hundred hand slap

With Ken, I don’t think buffering fireball is all that useful, it may even be unsafe on block. EX fireball is + on block, and is a good pressure string.

I’m not too familiar with Ken, as I don’t play him and rarely see him online played well.

What you’d want to be prepared for with a b+MP is to follow with a fierce target combo into SRK if it hits.

Thanks for taking a minute to check out my matches. I’m definitely struggling with Akuma combos in match still (and AA for that matter), but hopefully I can get that muscle memory down soon. Definitely enjoying Akuma in actual matches more than either Ken or Ryu though, so that’s good. :)

I’ll look into links off the Roundhouse target combo, I didn’t know that linked. Thanks for the advice!

Outside of acclimating to the different buttons I’ve been working on the s.MK > l.Tatsu > DP combo. I can do it pretty reliably in practice, but haven’t been able to do it in game yet. More practice I suppose. Any other “bread and butter” combos I should look into practicing?

I like the Ken stuff since it’s so flashy and fiery, but Akuma just seems to make more “sense” to me in actual games. I think you are right that Ken is unsafe on block for Fireballs, pretty sure I’ve heard that on stream from MDZ_Jimmy.

Anyone interested in a QT3 Scrub Squad battle Lounge tonight? (Non-Scrubs also welcome)

I’m thinking 7:30pm EST?

Also Depending on how many people we have I like the “take a knee” rule, where if you run the room all the way through you drop to the bottom. One of the Lounges I play in occasionally does that and it helps deal with wildly varying skill levels so you are not always playing the same person.

Thoughts?

Post your CFN (NOT Steam or PSN) and I’ll add people who want to play to my favorites in game.

I’m up for it!

my CFN is deliriumxtrigger

Cool Lounge will be up at 7:30pm EST.

Character Select: On
First to 2 (we’ll drop to 1 if it gets crowded)
Password: 1212

I’ll try to send invites too, bit this way people can join even if I’m in a game (I’m also less likely to accidentally dismantle the lounge this way).

Trying to buy the game off Fanatical but the now the game won’t activate in Canada. Hopefully it will get resolved soon so I can join you guys and gals.

I forgot that I have plans tonight. I can play around 9:30 EST if you’re still playing, or pretty much any other day this week.

No worries. If the lounge is up hop in for a few!

I don’t think I can make it to a lounge this week, sorry. My media consumption time is already reserved for other things. But I’m itching to play so who knows.

It seems like a lot of Ken is based off hit-confirming that b.MP, which looks really hard to me.

Well, I guess I’m going to head off to the boardgame night then since lounge looks like a bust.

I’ll probably hop on around 9:30 once I get back though @delirium. I’ll ping you if I see you on.

Can I join the QT3 SF group? CFN is Jabjabuppercut. Just got the game a few hours ago.

GG @delirium. BTW play some ranked, Rookie my ass! ;)

GGs…you played well! Those matches were really close.

I think I got as far as low silver when I used to play on PS4. I picked up the PC version of AE a few days ago and am just getting my bearings again. I’ll jump into ranked as soon as I figure out who I want to play. Want to play Menet really bad, but she’s tricky and requires strong defense and execution. I was having fun with Alex, who I dabbled with when he first came out. His normal attacks are so good. Those are the characters that I gravitate to since my execution sucks.

That’s actually a really good exercise for honing your hit confirming skills in training mode. I set Ken to block randomly and it seems this is at the outer limit of what I’m capable of reacting to right now. I really have to focus to confirm it consistently, but I think I can definitely do it if I work on it a little bit.

Ha, I knew you were a secret silver! :)

Those were pretty close, but you definitely have some better timing than I do. I was just pleased I got out the s.MK > l.Tatsu > h.DP combo that I have been practicing once. It starts with your first time. :)

My AA with Akuma is garbage though. If I don’t have the to DP I need to unlearn crouch fierce and learn b.HP. That might take a little bit.

Menat seems cool, but just so tricky, I thought you did well with her though. I’m not sure how Alex is these days, but I bet @Alstein Could give you some pointers there.

@Hereafter I added you to my favorites list so feel free to hit me up if you see me on. My CFN is merryprankster, same as my PSN and forum.

Yay, I did all of Necalli’s vol 1 trials! I’ve never actually finished all 10 for a single character before. Woo!

Now, off to never using any of those combos and forgetting them before I wake up tomorrow…

Thanks for the reminder about the trials. I bet I’d be able to do those now.

GGs @Hereafter. Your Guile shut me down pretty good. Feels like a tough matchup for Ken but I’m sure there’s something I could have been doing differently. Well played!

I added everyone on CFN. I might be on tomorrow. Sounds like we have a good mix of players at the lower ranks.

I read a ton of basic tech for Ken last night. Now I can learn how to actually play this game.

“Blockstring” was the term I couldn’t think of. I wanted to know Ken’s blockstrings. I wrote a few down and I’ll confirm they still work.

I might switch to VT2. It seems like an easy combo damage boost and provides a larger window for follow-ups, including critical art. I always forget to use both V-Trigger and CA so that seems like an easy way to make use of both of them.