Street Fighter 5 - Hundred hand slap

Given SF5’s next update is going to fix input lag, punishing is going to be easier.

Stupid looking character design, awesome music.

Ken got nerfed a bit but I’m still good. I’ll probably try for gold rank over the summer. So much to play in the next 3-4 months.

Patch is awful to me. Really de-emphasizes the fun parts of the game. I’ve switched full on to Soul Calibur 6, which is SF5 with actual depth.

Messed around with Kage in training mode and he was pretty cool. I fear my steam has kinda run out for playing SF5 much though. It’s just too much practice and I don’t really have the time. I think I just inherently suck too much at these games so it takes me way too much practice. I spent like a year practicing an hour or two every day and I couldn’t even get out of Bronze.

I’ll probably check out SC6 once it gets a hefty price drop. I don’t want to buy another fighting game I don’t really play much (Injustice 2, DBFZ, FEXL, Guilty Gear). I think Fighting games are neat, but I don’t really play them enough to justify buying them at full price.

I fired it up to try some of the new S4 optimal combos and almost got hooked on the game again after a nice perfect KO. Then I hit some lag and remembered the grind. I don’t have time for this nonsense until summer!

Finally landed this in a match. Felt good. :)

Nice, ready for Evo.

I have my stick out ready to get back into this, but I’ve been getting back into some other hobbies instead of games. Going to let that ride while I’m interested.

Lol…yep EVO here I come…

I’m kinda in the same boat on the other hobbies thing. Gaming is largely benched for me these days. I still try to play some Street Fighter once or twice a week though. I fear it’s too big a time commitment for me to ever really get good though. Ah well.

I’m considering switching over to Samurai Shodown since that looks like it’s more about neutral and less about vortexes and learning frame/recovery data.

I got my first SF game recently. I don’t like how moves are timed to a series of s.t.u.t.t.e.r.s. compared to the much smoother Tekken.

:(

Sakura sketch from last night.

Oh, in the past week or so, modders on PC forced Capcom to finally fix their netcode problems somewhat, so the netplay is now better than it ever has been.

what happened was modders on PC made it where PC to PC netcode was as good as anything in the business, but it wrecked crossplay. Capcom couldn’t have that continue, so they had to do some work.

It started with Altimore’s patch, which came out about a month ago. Apparently he found a very simple fix that would slow down your game if you were getting ahead of the other player’s simulation. It wasn’t perfect but it was far better than the constant skipping and rollback you would get normally.

It became kind of a nightmare though, because if you had the patch and someone else didn’t, they would be the one experiencing all the unplayable rollback - as well as ps4 users who had no way of installing the patch.

To make matters even more confusing, someone modified altimore’s patch so that it would play nice with people without the patch, except now if you were using the 2nd patch, and someone else was using the first patch, you would get a terrible experience.

Capcom fixed it by verifying game files and forcing you to use their new fix which seems to be mostly inspired by the patch.

I think capcom avoided a bullet here - they could have easily had a mass capcom revolt/boycott on their hands if they reacted poorly to this. And with rumors that street fighter VI is going to be developed the last thing they want is to piss off a huge portion of the fanbase.

The one-sided rollback still happens a bit, but not massively. Beforehand, it was PC users getting all the rollback, as it happens to folks with the more powerful system.

The PC patch let console users see what PC users had been suffering with for years.

There are a few haters of the change, but was always going to be the case.

Well I made it to Gold and I still don’t know how to play this game. 766 ranked matches.

I’m still using Ken. I just play super defensively and bait out stuff I can punish. I literally only use a few buttons, run cancel, throw, jump-ins, and the two target combos. I almost never activate v-trigger and I can’t combo into critical art reliably.

I think I’m going to take a step back and try to work new stuff into my game. I tell myself to do that each match but I’ve been so locked into watching my opponent that I forget.

I’m definitely on the slow boat here, but I finally got out of Bronze after a mere 5 years of playing fighting games.

8F7D5A98-AD7F-45D1-9427-A54F4993598B_1_201_a

Woohoo! Now they can shut down the game and release Street Fighter 6.

Yep! Time to retire SF5!

What’s the best platform to play on these days? Every time this thread pops up it makes me want to pick it up again. And especially now that my main SF4 girl Rose is in the game I might actually do it for once. I have it on both PS4 and PC.

PS4 online play is more active than PC last I looked but PC is more flexible?