Street Fighter 5 - Hundred hand slap

GGs…you played well! Those matches were really close.

I think I got as far as low silver when I used to play on PS4. I picked up the PC version of AE a few days ago and am just getting my bearings again. I’ll jump into ranked as soon as I figure out who I want to play. Want to play Menet really bad, but she’s tricky and requires strong defense and execution. I was having fun with Alex, who I dabbled with when he first came out. His normal attacks are so good. Those are the characters that I gravitate to since my execution sucks.

That’s actually a really good exercise for honing your hit confirming skills in training mode. I set Ken to block randomly and it seems this is at the outer limit of what I’m capable of reacting to right now. I really have to focus to confirm it consistently, but I think I can definitely do it if I work on it a little bit.

Ha, I knew you were a secret silver! :)

Those were pretty close, but you definitely have some better timing than I do. I was just pleased I got out the s.MK > l.Tatsu > h.DP combo that I have been practicing once. It starts with your first time. :)

My AA with Akuma is garbage though. If I don’t have the to DP I need to unlearn crouch fierce and learn b.HP. That might take a little bit.

Menat seems cool, but just so tricky, I thought you did well with her though. I’m not sure how Alex is these days, but I bet @Alstein Could give you some pointers there.

@Hereafter I added you to my favorites list so feel free to hit me up if you see me on. My CFN is merryprankster, same as my PSN and forum.

Yay, I did all of Necalli’s vol 1 trials! I’ve never actually finished all 10 for a single character before. Woo!

Now, off to never using any of those combos and forgetting them before I wake up tomorrow…

Thanks for the reminder about the trials. I bet I’d be able to do those now.

GGs @Hereafter. Your Guile shut me down pretty good. Feels like a tough matchup for Ken but I’m sure there’s something I could have been doing differently. Well played!

I added everyone on CFN. I might be on tomorrow. Sounds like we have a good mix of players at the lower ranks.

I read a ton of basic tech for Ken last night. Now I can learn how to actually play this game.

“Blockstring” was the term I couldn’t think of. I wanted to know Ken’s blockstrings. I wrote a few down and I’ll confirm they still work.

I might switch to VT2. It seems like an easy combo damage boost and provides a larger window for follow-ups, including critical art. I always forget to use both V-Trigger and CA so that seems like an easy way to make use of both of them.

Thanks @delirium. You were playing great! After you left I ended up getting a 10 win streak on Ranked lol. You’re now my new training partner like it or not :)

@timjames. Can’t wait to play you. Just like the old Summoner War and Neuroshima Hex day?

Oh man, we played those back in the day? Was this always your username? I have a bad memory, so thanks for bringing it up!

Yeah, I think you were the second person to play me after Dave broke my heart (stupid dice rolls).

I had hereafter -> my real name and now hereafter due to a situation change for me.

Aye. I’ve been playing these games for quite a few years now and I still have the hardest time remembering to spend my resources. It’s one of the many small simple things in fighting games that will make you a significantly better player if you can just train yourself to be mindful of it. But these things are hard to remember in the heat of the battle.

Yeah, I still can’t remember to quick rise even trying to be mindful.

I was checking out my CFN stats at https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/ and prior to my recent good performance it’s telling me I was 11-46 in Battle Lounge against @merryprankster. Ouch! I guess I don’t know when to quit. Hehe.

V-Trigger is huge in this game, especially depending on your character. Playing Urien, it’s a massive part of my arsenal whether I use the old mirrors or the new Tyrant Pressure move. When you trigger it, your opponent has to have more respect for you immediately. There are very powerful and important moves at your disposal. If he doesn’t respect it, that’s when you can really rack up his/her loss of life. I still catch people off guard with mirrors and that really shouldn’t happen this long after Urien got into the game!

Also, don’t forget your V-Skill! And V-Reversal can be big too. Use it to get out of trouble!

The CA meter is different in the sense that you should be using EX moves, and know that your EX moves are different depending on the buttons you push. I didn’t actually realize that for awhile and it was biting me hard sometimes because I’d land where I didn’t want to and get my ass thrown.

All of that said, I make a lot of mistakes. I’m not very good at punishing people (which is why I play Urien as his combos seem rather short for the most part… so if I don’t use them out of fear, it’s not costing me too much). The most important thing I seem to have going for me is 30 years of blocking. I just have to remember to stick my head out of the shell a little more often.

Another reason V-Trigger is huge is that just cancelling any attack with it will make your original attack both unpunishable and comboable. It’s worth it just for that, even if you didn’t know what your character’s V-Trigger does.

Saw this on Reddit today. Shoryuken is doing a video series on the changes to each character for AE and it has some pretty solid info.

Nice, thanks for sharing. I hate the aggressive into your face youtube videos. This is the complete opposite.

I’ve added Merry, Tim (tool?), Dave (both of him), and Delerium. Am I missing anyone else?

I made a list of a bunch of things I want to be mindful of during matches to make sure I try them. I figure I will focus on one per evening. Some might need more time.

I’ve never actually done an overhead, for example. Heh.

Don’t forget Cathcart and MikeCathcart.

There’s also Alstein but he’s like gold-pressed latinum rank.

I’m on now. I was trying to invite @Mike_Cathcart to a battle lounge but apparently he must continue his training…