Street Fighter 5 - Hundred hand slap

“The path to greatness is paved in training mode” - Space Ninja

Thanks for the matches. I like how you saw through my tricks really quick. Sorry I want to say last match but I could not type anything in.

Are mike and alstein their CFN names?

I will be back around 9pm MST if anyone is free

Aw shit. This thing doesn’t tell you you’ve got an invite unless you go into Battle Lounge and search for invites? What the shit is that?

Yeah good games, just a little laggy, unfortunately. I’m happy to get beat up all night, but I prefer my beatings smooth if possible. Hehe.

Unfortunately I have no idea what to do against Guile or M. Bison. It reminded me of my first games with merryprankster where I just ran out of ideas since I didn’t know what to punish or how to attack. Plus information overload with all the patterns coming in. I will figure it out eventually, it will just take time. Right now I’m only good against about 5 characters since that’s all I see at low ranks! I suppose if we fight enough I can add two more!

The great news is that I’m suddenly (and finally) quick rising on a regular basis. And I wasn’t even thinking about it that much.

It should pop up in the lower left hand corner if you’re paying attention. It will be in your messages too. Want to play right now?

Yeah ok I’m sick of losing to a stationary dummy.

Good games. I don’t know Necalli either, so it was great to experiment against him.

I kept trying to do wake-up critical art about a hundred times in a row, but I couldn’t get it. Haha! Back to the training lounge I guess.

I just started with Necalli a few days ago. He’s exactly the kind of character I never play in these games so I thought it would be good to figure out what he does. Still working on that, but his VT2 is pretty nice. Just need to work on a couple of simple combos so I can punish with something other than crouching heavy kick…

You dismantled my Chun Li, though. Not surprising, because I’m terrible with her, but I had just spent a good hour working on her bnb combo (which is only four moves and I still can’t do) so I was like “yeah, let’s do this!” and then, yeah, you did it. lol

It feels like in this game if two people are just a bit different apart in skill level, the results will be wildly different. I mean the rounds are close and fun, but the wins are usually one-sided.

I did much better at the Ken trials than when I first played this months ago, but damn, my fingers don’t move fast enough for some of these. I should probably spend some time here before I try to execute complicated combos in a real match, just to prepare my brain and fingers.

Yeah that’s my CFN name.

If anyone ever wants to play me and have me try to look for ideas for improvement, I’ll play some if it’s a time I play. (tends to be weekday afternoons or weekends)

I’m not a perfect player by any stretch- I still make plenty of mistakes- sometimes I just get worked, though sometimes I play out of my mind and start to think I actually am good.

I do try to watch a few replays of others here from time to time though to see if I can give tips.

BTW Necalli’s really strong in this game, the only reason he isn’t played much is because he’s also boring. Chun is really hard to play well, little margin for error and high execution.

I keep getting matched with people halfway around the world, is this normal? I changed to setting to 4-5 bars, is there anything else I can do? It’s quite annoying and losing that way really sucks.

Just made it to Silver, it wasn’t too bad. Zangief are painful though since I have no idea what to do vs them as Guile. I stuck to my CvS2 style of playing vs them, That didn’t work so well lol.

I’ve never set anything less than 5 bars, and I’ve always found matches in a reasonable time.

Unless you’re playing in a high league (above Gold), at weird times, do 5 bar only. This weekend might be a bad weekend to find folks due to EVO Japan, and the launch of DBFZ, which is a bigger launch than SF and Tekken’s combined already.

Good. More time to practice between matches! Sometimes I get annoyed when it finds a match.

Me too. The time between matches is when I don’t feel quite as useless.

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed it. Got some guys in Japan and China but the connection was nice.

I tried using a new character (Urien) in Silver, was pretty brutal. Lost almost all my matches. Anyone up for lounges tonight? For is everyone playing DBfZ?

I just had to pass my PlayStation onto my oldest son to get my TV back for anything other than Monster Hunter World. I’ll be PC or not on for a bit til I can replace it. I’m going to get one through NewEgg though and they’re giving a free DBFZ with some of their PS4s right now.

Thanks for the invite last night. Sorry I had to leave so abruptly.

I should be on during the evenings this week. Don’t be offended if I don’t hop into a battle lounge or I jump out early. Lots to practice.

Two weeks later I have finally done Chun Li’s basic bread and butter combo. Holy shit, why was that so hard. It’s four moves! Only one is a special! What a pain in the butt. But I got it several times in training mode today so I guess I’m feeling pretty good about that.

Now to make it more reliable and then try it in a real game…