Stressed US troops in Iraq 'turning to drugs'

Wow, Tom. You might be interested to know that the U.S. was but one of many governments issuing methamphetamines to all its soldiers as early as World War II and as late as Desert Storm – or, for that matter, that Civil War opium addictions are widely blamed for the general spread of drug addiction in American society forever after.

Wow, Tom. You might be interested to know…

Not in particular, since it doesn’t address the point that drug abuse among one in every hundred U.S. servicemen shouldn’t be taken lightly or dismissed as business as usual. In fact, it doesn’t even support your contention that drug abuse and warfare go hand-in-hand. What’s more, your source doesn’t support the frankly silly notion that drug addiction in America is “widely blamed” on Civil War vets hooked on morphine.

So, wow, yourself. Welcome back to square one: if there are signs of increasing drug abuse in the U.S. military (I’m not convinced by the article, BTW), it’s a serious problem that should be addressed.

-Tom

Light up a doobie and sing with me!

There’s something happening here
What it is ain’t exactly clear
There’s a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it’s time we stop, children, what’s that sound
Everybody look what’s going down

That song is about Kent State.

But there I go again — with the details and stuff.

I think you’re thinking of CSNY’s “Ohio.” That song is Buffalo Springfield’s “For What It’s Worth,” which was written in 1966, four years before Kent State.

There he goes with the details again.

LOL – I swear, my fucking mind is going. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

Must’ve been the drugs you did in the 60s. :wink:

Which was all of about three posts! I remember when Dan Morris could make it through a five-page thread. Those were the days, man.

-Tom

Don’t ya hate when you try to pick on me and your facts are all wrong? Dammit!