Student jailed for zombie story

http://www.lex18.com/global/story.asp?s=2989614

“It didn’t mention nobody who lives in Clark County, didn’t mention (George Rogers Clark High School), didn’t mention no principal or cops, nothing,”

This guy clearly has a fruitful career ahead of him as a Game Journalist. Look out Erik Wolpaw!

:twisted:

Fear the children!

Just as well Steven King doesnt live in Kentucky I guess.

Holy shit…

Poole told LEX 18 that the whole incident is a big misunderstanding. He claims that what his grandparents found in his journal and turned into police was a short story he wrote for English class.

“My story is based on fiction,” said Poole, who faces a second-degree felony terrorist threatening charge. “It’s a fake story. I made it up. I’ve been working on one of my short stories, (and) the short story they found was about zombies. Yes, it did say a high school. It was about a high school over ran by zombies.”

Even so, police say the nature of the story makes it a felony. “Anytime you make any threat or possess matter involving a school or function it’s a felony in the state of Kentucky,” said Winchester Police detective Steven Caudill.

Holy fucking shit. Who knew fascism would start in Kentucky, of all places?

“Maw, our boy’s one o’ them Col’mbine terr’rists what flew a plane into their schoolhouse. We’ll hafta set the sherriff on 'im.”

“Oh, Paw, he’s jist a boy…Cain’t we jist hit 'im crost the face with the hickory switch a few time?”

“No, Maw, he’s a Muslim devil-worshiper now, and he aims to make hisself a zombie like on the teevee. It’s the gallows for 'im, if’n the dep’ties don’t shoot 'im.”

This kid oughta be arrested, not for writing the story, but for his god awful grammar…

“It was about a high school over run by zombies.”

“It didn’t mention anybody who lives in Clark County, didn’t mention (George Rogers Clark High School), didn’t mention a principal or cops, nothing.”

i’m bored, so i’ll bite:

what’s wrong with the “a principal” part? not exactly billy shakespeare, but not its/it’s bad. do you want it to be “the”? and should the “or cops” read as “nor cops”?

noun:

Who knew fascism would start in Kentucky, of all places?

i had my money on south carolina (nullification my ass)…;)

You’re reading the corrected version :)

[quote=“Mike Jamieson”]

You’re reading the corrected version :)[/quote]

:oops: hehe

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/news/11086999.htm

looks like the kid might have actually been doing some crazy, scary stuff.

and there were no freaking zombies in the story!

And, as it turns out, Poole’s writings include no brain-eating dead folks.

What they do contain, Winchester police Detective Steven Caudill testified yesterday, is evidence that he had tried to solicit seven fellow students to join him in a military organization called No Limited Soldiers.

The writings describe a bloody shootout in “Zone 2,” the designation given to Clark County.

It’s still just a story! Is there any evidence at all that this Poole kid was actually gathering weapons, planning some sort of real-life attack? Because all I see in that link are cops covering their asses and incredibly vague comments about Poole.

He’s trying to recruit other students into some kind of gang with a miltary name and something about him being in correspondence with someone who claimed to have guns? Well, do these other students even exist? They’re identifed by pseudonyms in the story, according to the cops, but isn’t it more likely that these are actually entirely fictional characters, made up for Poole’s story? Also, Poole is 18 and a resident of Kentucky. He doesn’t need to buy guns illegally; he can wander over to Wal-Mart or just wait for the next gun show in Lexington to pick up everything he needs for Columbine II.

This is another example of thought-crime being prosecuted, folks. We had a similar issue near here in Brockville, Ont. a few years ago when someone with a scanner picked up a cordless phone conversation between 21-15 year-olds talking about randomly killing a cop on New Year’s Eve 2000 in the context of an RPG called Rifts. No evidence that this was anything but geeks talking roleplaying, but the listener informed the cops, three people were arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit murder or something equally heinous, and wound up held in jail without bail for something like six months.

This is a small community, so their lives were essentially destroyed. And needless to say, all charges were eventually droped due to lack of evidence, and I think the accused eventually launched some sort of civil action against the city. Can’t find anything on the net about how the whole matter was wrapped up, or if it even has been wrapped up as yet. I’ve never seen a more close-up example of police hysteria – the whole case was ludicrous, but these people were being treated like budding serial killers.

It sounds, to me, like a lot of the cause for alarm is coming from the sealing of the records which includes this story.

If they just came out and said what it contained, specifically (while obviously concealing the identities of real minors), we’d have a much better idea of what’s going on.

What they do contain, Winchester police Detective Steven Caudill testified yesterday, is evidence that he had tried to solicit seven fellow students to join him in a military organization called No Limited Soldiers.

Yeah, any paramilitary group that P. Diddy (in his Master P days) joined in the now defunct WCW is definitely a highly organized group that is totally going to turn people into zombies and kill them.

The punchline: http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/7616862.htm

Kentucky is the first state to get federal approval for a three-year homeland security training schedule, state officials announced.

The approval will allow Kentucky to spend about $1.5 million in federal dollars to increase its ability to prevent and respond to terrorist attacks, biological emergencies and natural disasters, state officials said Wednesday. It was approved last month by the Office of Domestic Preparedness.

At the top of the terror list: WRITERS.

When I saw this story I immediately thought of that there zombie-terrorist-soldier-story case.

You’d probably have to avoid telling them the idea originated in Mexico, but still a good thing.