Stupid anti-piracy measure #54326

Unfortunately, the DCMA made such schemes legal. It is also a federal criminal offense to crack such schemes.

Answer:

Vote with your wallet and call your representatives and express outrage at the DMCA.

Unfortunately, the DCMA made such schemes legal. It is also a federal criminal offense to crack such schemes.[/quote]

True, but Ubisoft publishes games in more countries than the US and those countries also have courts.

I’ve been living without Ubisoft titles since the Pool of Radiance 2 fiasco.

What’s an ubisoft?

:twisted:

Just kidding, I liked Splinter Cell. It was no Thief though.

I’ve been living without Ubisoft titles since the Pool of Radiance 2 fiasco.[/quote]

I think that’s the Ubisoft title I ever played, and they inheritied it.

great, since I have daemon tools & nero on my system, I have to warez any Ubi games instead of buying them if I want to play them. Who the hell comes up with stuff this stupid?

… I also have Nero on my machine – it came with my Samsung DVD/CDRW drive.

I must have some sort of magic PC, I guess, 'cause I’m not having any problems with 1.5.

a.b.games.dogs

The 1.50 patch/crack are up. Well gee, that took what… a day and a half?

Didn’t Eidos give Commandos a “if you have a CD-R drive in your system, it won’t work” security feature?

I don’t know about ‘Commandos’, but they screwed up the copy protection on ‘Championship Manager 3’ so badly that even stores with ‘No Returns’ policies were accepting returns, at EIDOS’ behest.