Stupid ants

was there a final house-esque medical explanation posted?

The guy has undiagnosed diabetes.

Ejaculating ants is a symptom of diabetes?

Getting rid of ants unless you have a really serious infestation isn’t hard, find a poison that they’ll bring back to the nest. Dilute it in water, mix in sugar, spread it over the areas they regularly travel. They’ll bring the poison covered sugar back to the nest and kill everyone off.

You could also choose a slower killing poison, they’ll go back to the nest tell everyone and then a large portion of ants will go eat and gather the poison and then kill themselves and the nest off.

If you want to know why I know this its because I had to work maintenance one year for a park in the middle of nowhere and I regularly needed to deal with ants - every 1 month or so they’d come to the store because of the overflowing Slurpee machine (goddam kids couldn’t fill a cup!)

Edit: Just noticed Falcon554’s post, his advice might be better being the professional :P

The guy’s obviously unhygenic and doesn’t clean his foreskin, but if ants are making their way into your dick while you’re asleep, it’s probably because your piss is sweet and you’re diabetic.

I only found a few things that worked on (our) food eating ants out of the various poisons, baits, traps, sealants, repellents, and sundry tricks I tried:

1. Obviously, seal your garbage, don’t leave food scraps out, etc.
  2. Mix 3/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of borax. Rip up a slice of bread and soak the bits in the resulting mix, then leave it on the ants’ trail. This seemed to roughly give the ants a half-life of about a day, with the only downside being it stops working once the bread dries out. Note that the very similar straight sugar+borax recipes I’ve read never worked for me, as the ants wouldn’t eat it.
  3. If they get in your cereal, etc. Just stick it in the freezer, than shake the corpses out.

I’ve also read that if you can find their nest and dump boiling water on it you’re set, which seemed like a good tactic but my ants’ nests were well hidden.

Google says ants are attracted to semen as well…so I guess don’t wank off as much when you have an ant problem.

The ants probably spoil the mood, anyway, unless you’re into the erotic application of ants. I’m sure there’s a website for that out there somewhere.

Best I could come up with on short notice.

I reeeeeeeaaaaaaaallly hope my boss doesn’t check my history.

What, no link?

A really cool thing to contain ants is cinnamon. It won’t kill them, but they will never cross a line of cinnamon, the powder is too fine and chokes em up. We had ants coming under a door with a gap, so we sprinkled the entire door length of the floor and they couldn’t come across. You have to be thorough, though, because if they can go up or around, they will find that gap, and then they all are back to the congo line to the kitchen.

It’s really fun to fuck with em though, surrounding a troop and watch 'em all perplexed when they realized they’re surrounded by powder.

The ants at my place had absolutely no problem with cinnamon. I’d assumed it’d fail because they’d just find a way around, but no, they marched straight over it.

might only effect certain ants.

It stops the small ones. The bigger dudes might hold their heads high enough to not get all choked up… but then I’m no antologist guy.

I hate ants, but man are they cool. I could totally see getting into them as a kid and becoming a myrmicologist. Perhaps in the next life. No wait, I’ve earmarked that one to be a concert pianist.

I really like insects a lot, especially ants. Their whole hive structure is nothing short of amazing.

For a while, go OCD on the cleaning. Make sure you always eat at the table, clean the table after eating, and vacuum every other day. Remove the source of food and smells.

Another vote for Terro or any bait trap that’s 24 hours. And they work well. It’s best to leave the trap as close to the point where you see they are entering the house as possible.

I also have some clear spray multi-month generic bug killer that I use all the way around the house every few months. That stops most stuff before it happens.

Also, Home Depot and Lowes are your friends when you need low cost bug killer.

Problem with Terro is its a sweet bait and if the ants are feeding on proteins they wont touch it. Problem with Ant bait stations is that the bait is hard and take some effort for the ants to eat it. If there is another food source close they wont touch the bait.

Best type of ant bait is granular. The can pick it up and take it with them but the best ant pesticide is Termidor but again you have to have a licence to use it.

Problem with stuff you get from Home Depot is that there mostly pyrethrins, and wont last more then a day or so. You need a mico encapsulated pesticide to really last or a wettable powder

Hire a professional, deal with cleaning out the kitchen for a day, then forget about the problem for a year or two. My SO is crazy OCD about the kitchen and it never matters. The ants ate my fucking saltines after awhile, at which point we just gave up and called the free exterminator provided by the complex.

Awise!!!

So I may be psychic. A couple of days ago I was wondering why we handn’t seen any ants yet. On one hand we had the floors done, so a few access point were sealed up. But there are still doors and windows. And it’s been raining heavily every damn day. This is prime ant time.

So I ordered some Terro ant bait. It arrived today. As did the ants.

Not a problem. Bait out tonight. I give it three to five days before they’re gone. Praise Terro.