Stupid shit you see on Facebook

There are an exceedingly small list of four funnel ocean-liners ever to sail, the search won’t be exhaustive ;)

This sort of crap is posted by my family-in-law all the time. Let’s just say their reading of American history is cursory, at best.

Pretty certain that’s the RMS Lusitania. Of getting sunk by U-Boats fame.

WTF, Benjamin Franklin? Swarthy Swedes?

At least I have the name for my new punk band and/or online game guild.

Man, they weren’t tolerant of folks being even a TINY bit brown.

Yes, because so many WASP English came to America and adopted the culture of those living there… the Indians.
And they did spit on those traditions they held dear.
And they did cost them a fortune in lives.

How is it people so easily forget the first hundred years of this country we enacted mass genocide on those who lived here? Then corralled them and sent them to “camps”?

I deleted my Facebook account today. It was quick and easy. You all should do the same!

Never had one, never will.

Our ancestors didn’t lazily collect food stamps and Medicare, they traded smallpox infested blankets like hardworking patriots. God bless ‘Murica!

Guessing this only applies to the ones that came willingly too, not the ones shipped here, like cargo, in chains.

It’s even worse than that.

Yea, people did bad things in the past. Kinda surprising huh.

I did mine last week.

What happens to your data once your account is deleted?

Edit: a interesting viewpoint regarding the echo chamber.

This article spends so much time talking about people looking at views they don’t hold themselves and then at the very end, almost like a asterisks it admits that some of that information is false, that not all information is true. But that’s pretty important.

If you are in a Trump echo chamber, and the only time you consider the other side was a fake BLM account set-up on Facebook by the Russians to piss you off, one you got false information, and you didn’t see the other side’s view point at all. There are people out there who think they have been exposed to the other side, but they’re just being hand fed information by their side, and they don’t know it.

Indeed, and that is the most insidious form of echo chamber I can imagine!

They keep it forever anyway.

cf - Myspace

This is an ad Facebook and Wal-mart decided was appropriate to show me tonight.

I am not sure if… it’s obvious why this is not okay or not to most. No. I do not shop for this sign of product nor have I ever wanted to or shown signs to ever want this product by any human measure. Not sure what algorithms would think.

Steam has a feature where they tell you why they recommend a game to you – it’s like other games you have a lot of play time in, or a lot of your friends play it, or whatever. I wish every ad placed in front of anyone had the same transparency.