Stupid shit you see on Facebook

At least the maker included fox news! Even they must be too communist for this guy.

He’s a libertarian of the sort that never does anything and blames everyone else.

Then he bitches about how companies are destroying the environment. Cause reasons.

Yesterday a friend of mine with several severe illnesses that have rendered her unable to work or even leave the bed most days declared that she was abandoning leftism because of the plastic straw debate “red pilling” her so badly.

Yes, @JonRowe, it goes straight to your point about the issues the mandates have with disadvantaging folks with disabilities, but also, I’m not exactly sure how signing on with the political party that is literally trying to destroy the only insurance that sustains your life over a couple of FB arguments with liberal friends over recycling practices is gonna make things better in the long-term. . .

Yeah someone pulling themselves over to the party of the crazy over plastic straw bans already was on that side to begin with.

Especially since I think that with the uproar about this, many future laws/bans will take care to ensure the disabled community is consulted.

So she’s upset that starbucks won’t give her a plastic straw, but is cool if the ADA is repealed and she is no longer able to actually get into the starbucks at all.

Seems legit.

That story left me remarkably irritated!

Same here, tbh. On the one hand, I feel horribly for my friend, who genuinely deals with a life and health situation that is so monumentally terrible that it would destroy me in half a day, and she’s fought through it for a decade. Seeing folks who are ostensibly your allies as “attacking” you for using the straws you need to be able to drink without covering yourself in said drink, especially when juggling so many other oppressive stressors in your life, has got to be very overwhelming feeling, and she’s definitely prone to getting overwhelmed by it all and snapping at folks sometimes.

On the other, well, at the very core of my being, I can’t conceive of how any reasonably good person could ever seriously consider moving right on an issue, regardless of their frustrations with the Left-as-it-stands. Especially when choosing to do so, if said move successfully moved the national needle at all, would literally worse for you than the worst of whatever you’re afraid the left is striving for.

Also, you know, when said “attacks” were literally anything but that :-/

Well there is this deal with the reality that, except for Armando and the Buddha, annoyance can overwhelm reason and lead to craziness. Self righteousness on the Right about morality, sex, etc. annoys the hell out of me, especially given the reality of the statistics on red states (higher divorce rates, etc.). By the same token, I can see how the self righteousness on the left about things like the environment can piss people off no end, to the extent they take ridiculous positions.

I’ll give a non-political example. I’m a parrot owner, and often read parrot-related web sites but so many of the self-declared “parrot experts” are such self-righteous jerks (PEOPLE WHO FEED PEANUTS TO PARROTS ARE EVIL!!!) that it makes me crazy-insane. I’m currently on a parrot-intartube hiatus, until my frustration abates.

It’s one of those inherent problems with democracy: with popular sovereignty comes emotional voting and at the moment the US Right has been doing a better job of exploiting emotion.

Strictly speaking my reason cannot be overwhelmed solely because it does not exist.

I’ve never heard this. Please PM me info when you have time so as not to derail the thread with parrot related gossip. :)

Are peanuts bad for parrots?

Salted or unsalted?

I have fed human grade peanuts to parrots as a treat many times. The issue with peanuts is twofold. The peanuts that are packaged in general bird food are not human grade. They aren’t held to the higher standard. They may have Aspergillus fungus on the shells to begin with. And the process of mixing them with other food can transfer it to the shelled variety in the mix.

The point is that the occasional peanut, that you yourself would eat, is not dangerous. But feeding a parrot a diet of peanuts has another problem. Peanuts are also high in fat. Parrots can get fatty liver disease.

So, while I understand the issues with peanuts, going all NEVER FEED PARROTS PEANUTS is silly. If you will occasionally give a parrot one of your peanuts, no problem. If you buy that mixed crap at a pet shop, the one with the stuff in it that you can’t recognize, you may have a problem.

P.S. Never salt. Bad shit. For a parrot.

That sounds delicious.

lol?

I hate you. I laughed. But I still hate you.

Pinkerton wanted me to take legal action against you for intentional infliction of emotional distress but I told him I only represent paying clients and I do not accept French Fries as currency.

what about whataboutism

Yea, but that’s 5 whataboutisms to only 1 Trump. 5 to 1, surely the math works in Trump’s favor.

It’s not even whataboutism. The complaint isn’t that Trump met Putin. It’s meeting in secret and showing all signs of being under his thumb.