Stupid shit you see on Facebook

More. Be better.

Nah, enabling the destruction of the republic is worse.
Like, many orders of magnitude worse.

Be best, even.

Not commentary on the above so much as I literally can’t fucking read/hear the phrase “Be better” without thinking of Melania’s goddamned retarded bullying campaign. It’s the political equivalent to an ear-worm. But the Khan mind-controlling demon-roach kind, not the “Careless Whisper” kind.

That scene fucked me up as a kid.

[shudder]

Yep, still fucks me up. Ew.

If X isn’t as bad as Y, then it’s okay to do X.

What is this, third grade?

Fifth. Give us a little credit here.

FINE.

Hey everyone, Dave says it’s okay!

Ok, it’s an ad, but I think it still counts.

Fucking idiots. “If true!” “I’ve done limited research on this” but I’m going to post it anyways…

Quackenbush?

I guess that’s the guy’s name? Appears to be some sort of Catholic minister. Not sure what you’re asking.

Does he quack?

Only in the bush.

Quakenbush : “Can anyone CONFIRM beyond a shadow of a doubt it isn’t him?”

Straight up GOP media playbook : Instead of asking for confirmation that this is an actual picture of O’Rourke, he’s essentially telling people it absolutely IS a legit picture until someone CONFIRMS beyond a shadow of a doubt (whatever the fuck that means) that it isn’t.

I predict he has a new gig with FOX News with the week.

I guess this goes here:

Backstory:
AOC said the 22th Amendment was proposed to prevent FDR from serving another term.

Facebook memes smugly point out that FDR died before the 22nd was ratified.

AOC reminds everyone that when the 22nd was presented to Congress, FDR was still alive.

And that he would’ve been exempt if he was alive and still President.

Yeah, while FDR was certainly the inspiration for the amendment, i can’t see any reasonable reading of history which does what Cortez said. It specifically would not have applied to him.

Edit:
Also, that Newsweek article is a crime against journalism. It cites a random Twitter user as evidence in support of what AOC said… And that Twitter user was wrong.

While there had been talk about limiting presidential terms prior to the amendment (because of course there were, FDR was president for 13 years), nothing was introduced to Congress, at all, until months after FDR died.

Jesus Christ Newsweek… Citing a random unnamed Twitter user as a source.

You’re right, they should have waited to have had it confirmed by another twitter user before publishing.

Once again proving that the far left loves some of those Trump style alternative facts.